*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Starter Probem 56 plate Connect

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Starter Probem 56 plate Connect

Postby JoeVespa » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:04 pm

Recently drove my van to a job no issues and on return wouldn’t start. Absolutely no engagement of the starter motor at all. At that point i took out the ignition switch and gave it a clean. Still nothing. all lights on dash but nothing to the starter. Tested the battery and all was good, even gave it a boost with a battery pack cos i thought the battery actually looked a little undersized but again nothing (knew that was a long shot)... as i waited for recovery i got for a split second a turn of the starter but nothing since , so again thinking it might have been dirty contacts on the switch i took it out , cleaned it but on putting it back in i obviously buggered it and lost the dash.

Got the van home and replaced the switch, got the dash back, so presuming it was a fault with the solenoid or starter i replaced it, still nothing, no engagement but everything else seems correct. Any suggestions, i presume it’s bad contact somewhere but can’t seem to find it. Of note in the couple of weeks leading up to it i found the van hesitant to start, not majorly but took a few turns and presumed it was just the cold. any ideas would be welcomed.
JoeVespa

Re: Starter Probem 56 plate Connect

Postby JoeVespa » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:57 pm

For anyone who does read this and has a similar issue, there was a break in the thin grey wire which feeds the starter motor. Everything running fine now.
JoeVespa

Re: Starter Probem 56 plate Connect

Postby Altransit » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:48 pm

Glad that you sorted the problem, and thanks for posting back with the conclusion :D 8)
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Transit Connect