*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Synch 3 and power supply

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Synch 3 and power supply

Postby highroof » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:14 pm

My new to me 2018 Connect has synch 3. There's a 12v power supply in a cubby above the clocks right next to my phone bracket, which would be great except that it seems only to be able to charge the phone and not supply the necessary interface to run carplay etc. To do that, it seems I have to use the usb under the central armrest. Not ideal, as that means running a very long cable all the way from there to the A pillar in order to have the phone where I can see it and make everything work.

Any idea why the 12v power supply with usb adaptor won't allow this? Is there something special about the usb under the armrest, supply wise?
highroof
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Synch 3 and power supply

Postby Pipe Butcher » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:58 am

Unless you have the media panel the Aux power supply in the dash cubby hole is just a power supply for Tom Tom etc. Car play and Android auto is through the usb ports
Pipe Butcher
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Synch 3 and power supply

Postby highroof » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:28 am

Pipe Butcher wrote:Unless you have the media panel the Aux power supply in the dash cubby hole is just a power supply for Tom Tom etc. Car play and Android auto is through the usb ports

Thanks. I've already figured it out, I was hoping I could use a usb adaptor above the clocks, but not happening. I've run a long cable in from the underseat usb to where I want my phone, all working now.
highroof
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect