*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Dash keeps flashing and dials drop relay clicking

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Dash keeps flashing and dials drop relay clicking

Postby Greeno2k20 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:40 pm

Hey guys im new i got a 05 connect 1.8 it starts fine and runs fine but sometimes the dash flashs and my dials drop and all lights flash then cut off and power train light stays on and relay behind glove box clicking there no fualts on computer replaced grounds and fuses amd relays i was thinking injectors and it starts ruff but settles down to 950 rpms from 1000 rpms it drives fine there no loss of power
Greeno2k20

Re: Dash keeps flashing and dials drop relay clicking

Postby R.a.knell » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:05 pm

I had a similar problem on my 06, instrument clusters seem to be a common fault, loads of places refurb them, mine went to essex recons £75 had it back 3 days after posting it.
On mine all guages would drop, zero revs zero mph and all the warning lights would come on with clicking noises but would correct itself after 5ish seconds then do it again after 10 15 minutes
R.a.knell
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Kenton » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:45 pm

R.a.knell wrote:I had a similar problem on my 06, instrument clusters seem to be a common fault, loads of places refurb them, mine went to essex recons £75 had it back 3 days after posting it.
On mine all guages would drop, zero revs zero mph and all the warning lights would come on with clicking noises but would correct itself after 5ish seconds then do it again after 10 15 minutes

This is a good point. I raised a similar reply on another thread. It was Essex recons that I found my quote as well. Maybe check it with another cluster? They don't need coding, its very much plug and play. Would be a good process of elimination :?: A cheap breakers unit would suffice for the test. This is what I did when my reset buttons packed up. I still need to get my original clocks refurbed though - been too busy doing other bits on the van! :lol: :roll:
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Greeno2k20 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:49 am

Thanks lads i will try with another cluster if i sort the problem i will let ye know thanks agen
Greeno2k20

Postby Greeno2k20 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:10 pm

Fixed it lads wile i was high after few spliffs lol it was the battery was to big for car replaced it and left it running for 3 hours no fault checked the dash codes and then checked obs codes there was none thank god thanks for all ur help lads
Greeno2k20

Postby Altransit » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:02 pm

Greeno2k20 wrote: it was the battery was to big for car replaced it and left it running for 3 hours no fault checked the dash codes and then checked obs codes there was none thank god thanks for all ur help lads

Too big how :?:

Anything that fits in the battery tray will be fine, so it's probably that your battery was faulty, or on its last legs :idea:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Kenton » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:48 pm

Altransit wrote:
Greeno2k20 wrote: it was the battery was to big for car replaced it and left it running for 3 hours no fault checked the dash codes and then checked obs codes there was none thank god thanks for all ur help lads

Too big how :?:

Anything that fits in the battery tray will be fine, so it's probably that your battery was faulty, or on its last legs :idea:

My thoughts exactly... The output will still be 12V+ and the Amperage will not matter. If anything, the higher the amps the better. It would be interesting to know who came to this conclusion! :?
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler