*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Injector Coding Issue

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Injector Coding Issue

Postby Btownpug » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:47 pm

Hi all,

I've an 03 1.8 TDCI 90, LWB. I've been having various LHM mode issues (with flashing glow plug light, swiftly followed by stalling - temporarily fixed by blipping the ignition).

I've replaced the Cam shaft sensor, Fuel Metering Valve and 3 injectors for brand new Lucas ones (cheaper than Delphi - I'm pretty strapped for cash at the moment...).

I'm having some major issues coding in the new injectors though. I've tried it on 2 different Snap-on machines and also an Autel Machine. On all machines, the codes just would not save. Every time I clicked on them, they would default to 00000000.

I also still have error codes P1211 and P0251. I'm leaning towards the pump now, but I want to get these injectors squared away properly first.

I'd REALLY APPRECIATE any help in the matter. Been at it all day today and I feel just about ready to drive it off a cliff!!

Thanks,

Pug
Btownpug

Re: Injector Coding Issue

Postby Chug » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 pm

A lot of machines have trouble with the ford system, get a USB Modified ELM327 from here https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/
and download Forscan (Free) to a laptop https://forscan.org/download.html
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby SandyHenderson » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:08 pm

I've been looking into the readers and Chug is correct with what he's saying. I'm currently ordering one for my van as that's what I need apparently!
2006 T200L 1.8 Transit Connect 8)
Self Converted Micro Camper :wink:
Novice Mechanic Getting My Hands Dirty! :D
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Btownpug » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:48 pm

Thanks guys,

I know a guy with Forscan, hopefully I'll catch up with him next week.

Out of curiosity, can a faulty fuel pressure sensor cause P1211 and P0251?

After this, it will have to be the pump.

Thanks,

Pug
Btownpug

Postby Kenton » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:44 pm

Hello mate, personally I would wait to get the injectors coded in 100% first. I had the same symptoms as you have experienced. Only later - just before replacement - did I experience cutting out. It was cured by (recon) injectors, which were ironically coded in via a Snap-on reader fine! I too have also replaced the cam sensor before the injectors, but to no real merit. Get these injectors coded in and take it from there mate :?: The fourth injector COULD have underlying problems too, which is worth bearing in mind.
Good luck pal, keep us updated!
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Btownpug » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:10 pm

Hey Kenton,

Thanks. I've bought a fuel pressure sensor from amazon as it was only £25 - I'll chuck that in tomorrow too. Fingers crossed for that and the chap with the Forscan. How common is pump failure? Everyone on FB tends to point the figure at the pump and injectors immediately - but they are expensive parts to replace :cry:

Bought the van on the cheap, and its nearly doubled its damn cost already :oops: Always a valuable lesson - I just never tend to bloody learn it :lol:
Btownpug

Return to Transit Connect