*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2004 transit connect 1.8 L200 swb battery drain

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2004 transit connect 1.8 L200 swb battery drain

Postby Hodders » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:21 pm

Hi wonder if anyone can help me please
Not very technically minded I’ve got a battery drain over night to the point after about 6-7 hrs left stood I would need to jump start it again which isn’t very helpful at 3am when u need to go to work.. with out thinking went out and brought new battery and fitted. Next morning flat and needed jumpstart again.
Remember I’m not very technically mind so viewed you tube Videos to learn to test for drains so on
Battery good 12.65v
Alternator charging as should 14.44v
Took the 3rd big 30amp fuse out in fuse box in engine bay and have had no problems what’s so ever nofor the last couple of days starting. Battery holding charge and starting
Today started a little more investigating
Set multi meter on 10amp draw and started pulling fuses starting which one I thought it might be interior lights which never come on when u open the door and only seems to be one setting which I have to physically turn on. When pulled the dome fuse amp draw went down to 0.22 from 0.40 no others fuses made any difference from the internal fuse box.
So started to check the fuse in engine bay.
When I pulled fuse 20 which is a 10amp multi meter showed no drain what so ever . Checking the index it’s says fuse is cluster and engine management. The van starts and everything seems to work other than the red flashing alarm light on the dash. I’m hoping that this is the problem as can live without the alarm. Just worried would this effect anything else

Any insight would be very welcome
Cheers
Hodders

Re: 2004 transit connect 1.8 L200 swb battery drain

Postby Kenton » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:01 am

The red flashing light on the cluster is the immobiliser light. Mine doesn't have a factory fitted alarm :!: Unless the cluster has a problem that is causing the drain, it seems odd :?:
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: 2004 transit connect 1.8 L200 swb battery drain

Postby Hodders » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:09 pm

No idea just know if I pull fuse 20 I’ve no draw what so ever and everything else seem to work other than the immobiliser
Hodders

Return to Transit Connect