*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

-09 connect with several pcm faults

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

-09 connect with several pcm faults

Postby olavdaniel » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:39 pm

Hi!

just bought an 2009 connect 1.8l diesel and I bought it thinking I could easily fix it up but it seems I might be stuck here.

when I picked up the car it would throw a check engine light and esp message, max rpm around 1500 and SOOO slow to accelerate and maxed out at about 30-35mph

eventually got home and connected it up to forscan to get the codes. quick note the car came up as a 2002 ford zeptec 1.8 petrol :? ( after some searching I found out that the demo mode on forscan)

the symptoms are: check engine light, esp light and the car stutters and I think I hear a misfire on idle just once in a while. somehow I managed to clear the DTC with forscan in demo mode?! and could drive normally for a few minutes before the lights came back. under acceleration, it feels jerky and kinda deprived of fuel.

the previous owner had changed one injector a month ago, and said the car worked fine for about a day and the errors came back. he had also had some injector cleaner on it.

I have checked the EGR valve for free movement and it seems good. tried disconnecting the map sensor and no difference at all.

any ideas to what it could be?

and does anyone have a good tutorial on how to get a Ford F-super odb2 connector to work with forscan? it worked fine with my previous 2018 ford f150 platinum.

cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
olavdaniel

Return to Transit Connect