*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford Tourneo 1.8TDDI 75cv 2006. never started again

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Ford Tourneo 1.8TDDI 75cv 2006. never started again

Postby German747 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:05 am

Hello everyone, I have a ford tourneo 1.8tddi 75cv from 2006. I bought it while walking but with a loose piston pin. I brought her home, took the motor out, and made it new. New pistons, new connecting rods, new cylinder head, etc. The truck had no battery for 6 or 7 months. When I assembled everything, it never started. And it didn't start and it didn't start. Tired, I adapted a Bosch VE mechanical pump. It is going well, but not as it should. In the end I got ready to put the VP30 pump on him again. I bought a repaired one, mounted it, and nothing. Does not start. I bought a new CKP crankshaft, and nothing, it won't start. The pump is adapted with forscan.

The only faults that come out are those of the pedal, which I broke to adapt the steel cable, and the intercooler sensor that I have disassembled. but it should still start without throttle, I guess not?

The faults are these:

P1576
P0121
P0221
P0226
P0110
P0515
P1000

Almost all are from the pedal, because it is disconnected, I modified it to make it mechanical. But it is not an impediment to start right?
German747

Re: Ford Tourneo 1.8TDDI 75cv 2006. never started again

Postby Kenton » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:22 pm

The missing potentiometer is probably causing this as the ECU can't see the throttle.
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby German747 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:13 pm

Yes, I modified the accelerator to adapt it to the steel cable for the mechanical pump, and I had to break and remove the electrical part of the pedal, and it was disconnected like that. But just like this one without a fish, it is not an impediment for him to start, right? although logically it will not accelerate.

convertir fotos a formato png
German747

Postby Kenton » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:14 pm

Someone will hopefully correct me if I am wrong at any point. . I am sure that the throttle pedal is not a coded part as the van will indeed start without it. But will completely confuse the ECU if it is not connected. Sounds like you need another ECU module for this setup you have, as the throttle potentiometer will, in turn, trigger other things to activeate/deactivate in the engine. So if the ECU fails to recieve any signals from the pedal, then you will not get the desired results. May I ask what exactly you have you done to this engine to require a manual cable fed throttle? Just out of curiosity...... :?
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby German747 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:37 pm

It's that the bomb does strange things to me. When giving contact, I do not have the 5v in the first two pins of the module's gyro sensor. But I bring it home with me, I give 12v and ground to pin 7 and 6, and I have 5v on the gyro sensor. But not mounted in the truck. Weird.

Yes, it turns out that it was almost 4 years ago that I bought the 2006 ford tourneo 1.8tddi. I bought it with a piston pin knocking. I took the engine out and made it a new one. When mounting everything, it never started. I tried everything and nothing. I bought another pump, and nothing. Tired, I bought a land rover 300TDI mechanical bosch VE pump. I mounted it, and it started in half a turn of the key. Everything perfect, but I can't regulate it. It uses 10 liters / 100km, it doesn't have much power, etc. Starts and sounds perfect, but not well tuned for this engine.

So I reassembled the VP30, and bought forscan to retrofit the pump. But it still won't start, and it doesn't throw me any errors related to the pump, all this is very strange.
German747

Postby karl » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:42 am

just because its a vp30 pump doesnt mean these run on every engine

a think many years ago a tried a connect pump on a transit and it never run when i fitted it

changed it to a transit vp30 pump and it run

some vauxhall cars have vp30 pumps but these cant be fitted to a ford engine

volvo trucks have vp 44 pumps etc and carnt be fitted
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Return to Transit Connect