*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Connect 1.8 DI Endura engine - intermittent starting

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Connect 1.8 DI Endura engine - intermittent starting

Postby DarrenWebb » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Hi any Ford Connect 1.8 DI gurus out there, I'm at the end of my tether and one step away from the scrap man with this.
Ford transit connect 1.8 DI Endura engine 2006 early type.
Van has been working fine, then my son smashed it. That was all repaired and again back in action for a couple of months, until three weeks back when it failed to start.
Doesn't matter if hot or cold.
Changed fuel filter and crank sensor, no difference
Changed ignition switch no difference.
have seen code 15 on display so focused on that, replace key with new cut one and changed over the PATs sensor in key and it started. ran fine for the past week now back to non starting. No code 15 anymore
Van turns over and fires, then stops. If you turn on, wait for lights to go off it will just turn over and not fire.
When it runs there are no issues it will run fine until you turn if off, then it won't start again.
Tried a tow start yesterday, but nothing at all. Took out one injector and got fuel squirting out for the 1 to 2 seconds before the fuel pump supply shuts off due to a non start. Bypassed the relay putting 12v on the pump and won't start at all
I don't understand how this can work without issue for a week then back to the same fault.
No relevant codes stored either

any words of wisdom that may help please?
Any Connect gurus in the Portsmouth area

thanks Darren
DarrenWebb

Re: Connect 1.8 DI Endura engine - intermittent starting

Postby karl » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:25 pm

fuel pump dead
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Re: Connect 1.8 DI Endura engine - intermittent starting

Postby DarrenWebb » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi, so you think its the fuel pump, there probably isn't really much else in these.

to put my mind at rest though on this, it was running for a week without issue, that would suggest the mechanics are ok? then there's the common transistors issue on these vp30 pumps. Are these symptoms common to a fuel pump failure?
I'm happy to replace the transistor to see if that resolves, other than that if the pump is at fault then it's going to the scrappy!

any other thoughts anyone?

thanks

Darren
DarrenWebb

Return to Transit Connect