*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2010 Connect central locking actuator - odd part number???

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2010 Connect central locking actuator - odd part number???

Postby dunkyconnect » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:22 pm

Hi there

I've recently bought a Transit Connect 90 T230 - First reg Jan 2010.

It came with a central locking fault that I have narrowed down to the drivers door actuator / lock mechanism. When you turn the key it whirrs and grinds with a horrible noise and it wont' unlock the back doors (passenger and side door will unlock). Back doors seem to be double locked as you can't open from the inside manually. Something seems to be talking to the back doors as I can hear it trying to lock itself when I turn the key (so I'm guessing no broken wires). Sadly the other locks have been removed and covered with silver blanking plates so the only key hole is the drivers door.

To lock it all back up again it's the 'old school method' hold the passenger door handle out, lock the door from the inside and slam it with the handle still held out. Then lock the drivers door. It makes the horrible grinding noise when you lock it too.

So my issue is...I can't find an actuator with the right part number. Loads available second hand but they are all slightly different (tried one and the green clip that holds the locking shaft is in the wrong place). All I can find have a part number of 2T 1AV21812-BF but mine has a part number of 8T 1AV21812-BB.

Anyone help here? Was it a funny part only fitted for a short time? Is it actually from another Ford model? Anyone come across this part before?

The only reference I can really find is on European websites...

Extreme I know but can I swap a whole door instead? It's looking like my only option at the moment...unless I got to Ford and get my pants taken down for a new one (I dread to think what the cost would be!)

Any help would be wonderful - someone with an encyclopaedic knowledge of Ford parts and part numbers might have the answer coz I'm stumped as to why this thing seems rarer than a lump of rocking horse shite...

Thanks in advance for any help...
dunkyconnect

Re: 2010 Connect central locking actuator - odd part number?

Postby metalworker0 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:47 pm

this foreign site is https://ford.7zap.com/

if so that's all i can point you to

all the best..mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: 2010 Connect central locking actuator - odd part number?

Postby Kenton » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:33 pm

Possibly wrong one made to fit by previous owner? Doesn't make sense to me. Try calling frauds and asking them with your reg no :?:
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler