*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

First P0406 then U0401 and P0201

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

First P0406 then U0401 and P0201

Postby Fireprint » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:31 pm

Hello! Please bare with me as I’m from Norway and English is my second language. And even worse I haven’t got that much skill in repairing cars.
I’m having some trouble I hope someone can help with on my transit connect 2009

I first got a P0406, which says it’s a clogged egr.
So I look around and find a hole in my air intake hose( the one that goes from the air box and into engine.)
I exchange it with a new and hope that’s it.. it’s not
So I see on the YouTube academy that the electrical part of the egr can be at fault.. I buy it and while checking the connecting side it goes smoothly up and down etc, so I’m hoping.. hope gets me nowhere P0406 beep beep

Ok, so then take off every part from the air cooler Inter cooler.. the two rubber things, metal bars on both sides including the sensor (I take them off on both sides and clean them with sensor cleaner) and look for faults anywhere and it all seems ok..

I put it all back, change oil and oil filter because.. why not.. I also replace air filter and the filter that goes under the window part.. (sort for not knowing all the names of the parts)

Put it all together.. still P0406. And then I realice I haven’t reset the codes. Or removed them rather.. so I do that, and now..
U0401 Invalid data received from ECM
And
P0201 Cylinder 1 injector “A” circuit

I don’t see how I could have damaged the computer (ecm) nor destroyed the cylinder??

Can someone please advice me as to where I should look and investigate etc because I’m all out of ideas!..

Could it still be just the egr manifold in need of cleaning? (I didn’t want to start there as it sits right behind the wall and in a very hard location)

I’ll add some pictures as well in case it help.
Thank you in advance for helping!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fireprint

Re: First P0406 then U0401 and P0201

Postby karl » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:03 pm

injector open circuit is a faulty injector solenoid

that code will go with a new one

abs fault is a communication fault between abs pump and ecu

you need to do network test with ford ids
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Return to Transit Connect