*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

newbie help on transit connect 2011

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

newbie help on transit connect 2011

Postby pugo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:55 pm

Hi,
Sorry if these have been previously answered, however i have searched and cannot find anything so think i may be doing something stupid!!

Problem 1) front drivers side wheel arch was not properly clipped when i got van so bought new pattern yellow clips, however i cannot press arch in far enough to engage new clips without the wing moving in and do not want to bend wing and cant get behind it as inner wheel arch cover is blocking access.....do i remove this first ?
Problem 2) fuel tanks seems to leak occasionally when fuel level is high.....is there a common point that leaks as it not damaged on the bottom , i am currently awaiting to run lower on fuel before i get under there in case i have to remove tank but thought i would ask in case there are common things i need to replace

Problem 3) how hard is it to access the lower rear engine mount as it has been an advisory on the van for the last 3 years mot history ?

many thanks for any help offered as i have been working through the many issues this van had when i bought her and she is now looking and driving lovely........!

Pugo
pugo
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: newbie help on transit connect 2011

Postby Kenton » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:19 pm

The clips can be a nightmare. Nothing wrong in what you are doing, and the inner arch liner does not need to come out. The clips you bought, where they ford? I doubt it because the price is horrendous. Unfortunately, you may need to experiment with a few different types of clip to get a good budget one :!: Trust me, my arch trims have been off many, many times, and the correct budget clip is the one that is long enough to hold into the holes in the body, but short enough to not give any play once popped back. The fuel leak I can't offer any help with apart from putting some paper or cardboard down and seeing where it is coming from maybe overnight. Which lower engine mount? Could you be a little more precise?
All the best,
K
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby metalworker0 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:52 pm

I bought some clips off ebay ..and they look exactly like the ford ones in every detail even down to the little rubber washers.
Couple of weeks time ( maybe a month the way its going) will be putting them to use ..
Will see how it goes and provide the link to them if they are any good - anyway they Were £2.49 for 10 with free postage and made in he EU -
Genuine ford ones are £9.60 each !!!!
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby pugo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:04 pm

Kenton wrote:The clips can be a nightmare. Nothing wrong in what you are doing, and the inner arch liner does not need to come out. The clips you bought, where they ford? I doubt it because the price is horrendous. Unfortunately, you may need to experiment with a few different types of clip to get a good budget one :!: Trust me, my arch trims have been off many, many times, and the correct budget clip is the one that is long enough to hold into the holes in the body, but short enough to not give any play once popped back. The fuel leak I can't offer any help with apart from putting some paper or cardboard down and seeing where it is coming from maybe overnight. Which lower engine mount? Could you be a little more precise?
All the best,
K

it just states lower rear so am presuming its this one
lrem.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pugo
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Kenton » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:53 pm

These are a very common failure. If it is this one, it's fairly easy to replace. You do need to support the back of the gearbox throughout though! :!:
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby pugo » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:40 pm

Kenton wrote:These are a very common failure. If it is this one, it's fairly easy to replace. You do need to support the back of the gearbox throughout though! :!:

Thank you..........the van has a strange noise when you accelerate gently from about 1500 to 2200 rpm and then goes away.....it definitely sounds like noise transmission from a failed engine mount so am hoping this may cure it!!
Next week i am changing the wet belt so may change the upper one that has to be removed for the wet belt as well as i hear these are troublesome too

many thanks for all your help

Pugo
pugo
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Connect