*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hi all, some security questions please

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Hi all, some security questions please

Postby frs4280 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:42 am

Hi all, just bought myself a 14 connect and familiarising myself with it.

I have a couple of security questions just because I’ll be carrying tools and I’ve been broken into numerous times in the past, Peugeot partner 3 times, vivaro, Astra van, these all seemed way too easy to get into so I want to bulk up the security on my new connect

I’ve got some hooklocks being fitted this week, but I was wondering if I can disconnect the central locking to the rear doors so they don’t open on the key fob? Or is it worth getting slamlocks too, to disable the central locking that way.

Also, armsplates, I had one on my partner as they got in through popping the front door mech off, it seemed to deter any future opportunists after that…

Are they worth it on the connect? I only have one lock mechanism and it’s on the drivers door, I see they also do blank ones for the sliding doors etc but am I being right in thinking of there’s no lock mechanism then they can’t actually get in via popping those handles? The blank ones seem a bit pointless to me.

Many thanks in advance
frs4280

Return to Transit Connect