*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2013 SWB T220 with 2000rev slip and go issue

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2013 SWB T220 with 2000rev slip and go issue

Postby DutchyGT » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:13 am

Hello all,

First time posting here so please be gentle, I have a 2013 SWB T220 1.8 and have two intermittent issue, which i believe may be related but unsure.

issue 1. Sometimes when driving along and it just and so pulling slightly, hitting just before 2000revs the engine gets all lumpy and jumps around, when powering straight through from 1500revs to 3000revs there is no sign of it at all.
issue 2. When accelerating in any gear, sometimes when it hits 2000revs and it does always seem to be right on 2000revs, its as if the clutch is slipping and the engine revs up and holds high, it still pulls and accelerates slowly when doing this, and then slips back into around 2500revs and pulls again normally as if nothings happened.

This isn't all the time and seems to be more so when the van is warmed up and been running for a good while.

All other items on the van seem good and I have had zero warning lights or over consumption of fuel, it seems actually quite good on fuel even though it prefers to be driven a little harder to avoid these issues.

But I would like to eradicate the issues if I possibly can. I've only owned the van about 8 months, but its a keeper even with these issues.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
2013 Ford Connect T220 SWB 1.8
DutchyGT

Return to Transit Connect