*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Help! Rattle and fault codes 2010 Connect 1.8 tdci

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Help! Rattle and fault codes 2010 Connect 1.8 tdci

Postby Scampy771 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:31 am

Recently bought a transit connect 2010 1.8 tdci.
Within 20 miles it alarmed and threw up an ESP warning light and hill start not available. The tracking was also out. Took it to the garage, they sorted the tracking and cleared the codes. It seemed OK.
Took the van away and covered about 50 miles when, on a slight hill, it alarmed again and threw up a Drivetrain Malfunction light and Engine Malfunction message and went into limp mode. When I turned the ignition on and off again, the lights went out and it drove fine. It's since happened a couple more times always on slight hills.
I've read the codes and they've come back as:

P0380 - Glowplug circuit A Malfunction

P010f - MAF censor

There's also a pretty loud rattle when you start the engine from cold. It's audible upto about 1200 revs then disappears. As soon as the engine is warm, it's gone. It seems to be coming from the offside of the engine and is loudest if you put your ear somewhere around where the fuelfilter is situated.

Any thoughts on whether all these symptoms are linked? Or is likely to be a couple of duff glowplugs and a dirty sensor?
Scampy771

Re: Help! Rattle and fault codes 2010 Connect 1.8 tdci

Postby scot » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:13 pm

My 2006 tdci T200 has been rattley on start up since I got it 4 years ago. Its fine once it warms up a bit.
scot

Return to Transit Connect