*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

how to find a leak

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

how to find a leak

Postby kev m » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:35 pm

anyone know the best way to find a bad leak when i say bad i mean bad the passenger side foot well is like a pond i didn't know if i should try and fix it or just keep some gold fish in it lol.
the van is sornd and parked up at my daughters up the drive way, went to start it up today and the passenger foot well was flooded so i took the plastic sill cover up and the triangle piece that hides some wiring the wire harness that runs on the inside of the sill was submerged under water how i haven't got electrical problem is a miracle,
lifted the plastic flour covering and the sound deadening was like a soggy sponge so ripped it out bailed all the water out thinking i would be able to pull a rubber bung/grommet out to at least give any new water away out but there is nu rubber bung in the foot well, i cant see any obverse way the water is coming from.
any ideas on how to pinpoint the problem?
cheers kev!
kev m
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: how to find a leak

Postby blue estate » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:42 pm

Right , take off the scuttle panel on that side and underneath there should be the pollen filter also to the left and right of that should be 2 baffles and above it should be a metal plate that deflects the water to the side of the baffles so it drains down the gaps in the wings to out side
Take the plate out and check some numpty hasn’t cut a bit out where it sits under screen or it ain’t corroded ,
My connects leak that side was the former
Also check the seal on the scuttle and make sure all the fixings are ok
The scuttle is the same right through from 2002-2013
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Re: how to find a leak

Postby kev m » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:53 pm

cheers buddy!
kev m
Transit Addict
Transit Addict