*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

P141A

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

P141A

Postby emjgh99 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:20 pm

Hi,
I appear to have engine light on all the time on my 2009 Transit Connect.
Runs perfectly fine and in use every day.
I cleared the fault with the OBD2 reader and after about 50 miles it came back on.
Yesterday I removed the wired plug connector on the egr valve cleaned it and inspected for any damage, restarted the engine and low and behold the engine light went off.
Thought I'd cracked it but no, this morning the blummin' thing came back on again.
I took the plug off again this afternoon and checked the voltage on all of the wires - a couple had about 4.5V on them the rest nothing.
The lights off at the moment but I guess it will come back on again tomorrow.
Can anyone suggest what is wrong, the van has only got 40K miles on the clock could the egr valve need replacing or is there anythiung else I could check first?

Thanks
John
emjgh99

Re: P141A

Postby emjgh99 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:31 pm

Well,
If anyone else has similar problem, I solved it by buying the end bit where the lead connects £31 off eBay. One of the bolts not easy to get at but the engine light has stayed off for 3 days now.
emjgh99

Re: P141A

Postby Scott connect1.8tdci » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:26 pm

Hi John? I’m having the same issue with my connect. Which bit did you replace to fix the problem? Thanks scott
Scott connect1.8tdci

Return to Transit Connect