*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Faulty Injector?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Faulty Injector?

Postby Jorden95 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:47 pm

Since buying my 2009 1.8TDCI Transit connect 18 months ago I have been plagued with apparent injector issues. First time the van went into limp mode as it would with a faulty injector so I got it towed and the injector replaced in cylinder 2. After that I have been going into limp mode maybe a few times every month however if i restart the engine a few mins later it seems to disappear. Codes were initially showing a faulty injector in cylinder 3 however I'm not 100% sure that is the case. I had to get a abs sensor replaced for the MOT and the mechanic said he had to repair a bit of the wiring also and this only fixed the abs issue for a short time. My ABS light now comes on occasionally and when it does come on the van idles rough and has a misfire then goes into limp mode. Thi only happens when the ABS light is on. I'm thinking it could be something electrical? here are the codes at present after the last breakdown.

P0704-64, P1203-61, P0490-A1, P0203-64, C1233-A0, C1155-A0

Not sure where to start so any advice would be very helpful
Jorden95

Re: Faulty Injector?

Postby SandyHenderson » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:30 pm

Bump
2006 T200L 1.8 Transit Connect 8)
Self Converted Micro Camper :wink:
Novice Mechanic Getting My Hands Dirty! :D
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Faulty Injector?

Postby ghettochilds » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:21 am

Checks the pins on the abs module sometimes the female connection gets spaced out.

Also have a look at the ABS sensors and the wheel bearing hub the slightest nick will flag up the abs on the dash.

Double check the wiring see if there any breaks via amp/vault or Continuety.

The fuel injectors 2 and 4 compensate for one another.

All the best
ghettochilds

Return to Transit Connect