*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

EGR query

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

EGR query

Postby Nan » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:37 pm

Hey guys. Long story short. I replaced the engine on my connect with a used one a few months ago and the engine light has been on from the start. Following an engine scan, the mechanic said its an EGR problem. I removed the actuator to check if the small rotating shaft in the EGR was free, and it was. On further inspection, I noticed there was a "blanking" plate on the EGR. I removed it and took the van for a drive. It seems smother and more responsive with out the blanking plate, but unfortunately the bloody light is still on. The MOT (ITV) is due in May and i was told it will fail if the engine light is on.

Would a new EGR actuator fix the problem? I have no idea how to test whether the actuator is working or not, but did noticed, with the blanking plate taken off and the actuator disconnected, the van would start but then would cut off almost immediately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nan

Re: EGR query

Postby blue estate » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:39 pm

What age a the connect ?
I had a 2007 Focus with the same engine and EGR light on and replacing the actuator fixed it
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Re: EGR query

Postby Nan » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:44 pm

Its a 2008 110hp.

How did you test the actuator? Inside looks brand new. I suspect the blanking plate was put on this engine early in its life.
Nan

Return to Transit Connect