*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Heated screen retro fit

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Heated screen retro fit

Postby Stephen R » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:15 am

Hi all newbie here and hoping for some help, i've tried looking through various posts on this subject but none relate to my issue.
I am attempting to upgrade to a heated screen on my 2016 connect base model, it has the 2 fuses and 2 relays in the fuse box so I purchased a switch and installed it but the switch does not illuminate when I push it and no click at relays.
I have not installed a screen yet as I wanted to check all wiring first so any help would be much appreciated.
Stephen R
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Heated screen retro fit

Postby John235 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:13 pm

On top of the fuses F4 & F8 in the battery fusebox, you need F60 in the passenger fusebox! Don't forget that the ignition must be fully on too!
On mine (2008), all wiring was in place, even under the wiper scuttle! It just needed to be connected to the screen!
John235
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Stephen R » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:37 pm

Hi John thanks for your response, yes as is with mine all wiring is installed and relays in engine compartment.
So agreed yes on my 2012 c-max there is another relay in the passenger compartment however! when I ran through a wiring diagram for the 2016 connect model it does not show a relay in the passenger compartment just the 2 relays and 2 main fuses.
Do I need to install a screen to complete the circuit for this to work or should the light work without the screen wires connected is my conundrum.
Stephen R
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby John235 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:42 pm

Okay. It may be the difference in ages! My Haynes book only goes up to 2011. On my version F60 on the internal fusebox provides power to the lights in the switch.
I notice there are also a couple of wires that go to the instrument cluster!
Had you got the ignition fully on when you did your tests? As it is a high load, it only switches on if the ignition is fully on! Accesory switching is not enough!
Best to do any checks or measurements with the engine running!
John235
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Stephen R » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:48 pm

Hi John sorry I didn't reply on this have a couple of other more important issues to deal with on another van but yes the engine was fully running when testing but nothing think i'll try again soon but as I say watch for another post as I am currently installing a new engine in another van.
Stephen R
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Connect