*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Poor Dab reception?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Poor Dab reception?

Postby Mark300zx » Sun May 22, 2022 4:42 pm

Thanks for letting me join, work has given me a 2019 transit connect and one of my gripes is the DAB reception is poor, I work in London and reception is hit and miss, is this a known fault and is there a fix?
Mark300zx

Re: Poor Dab reception?

Postby Kenton » Tue May 24, 2022 9:40 pm

Unfortunately, DAB is nothing but a big damp squib. You will find that reception of the particular band and broadcast type will be far worse in a built up area such as London than it is on the outskirts much to do withthe amount of mono broadcasting. Plus the quality is nothing short of horrendous in general compared to FM. It's an unfortunate fact that people have realised in these last 10 years, despite government and certain broadcast authorities hyping it up hugely, and investing large amounts of money into it. Hence the reason that FM, AM, LW are still a thing in most modern vehicles. However, if you suspect that the reception is particularly unreasonable, I would suggest checking the connections of the DAB antenna.
I have an avid interest in radio, and have close involvement with a few minor radio stations that use FM, and would never consider using DAB.
I hope this helps, and apologies for rambling on. Do a Google search regarding DAB and the controversial arguments that are raging, especially where large cities are concerned. In short, stay with FM, or connect your phone to your receiver, and use online streaming for alternative stations.
K.
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit