*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Oil leak & hesitation

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Oil leak & hesitation

Postby aseriestipper » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:16 pm

Righty ho, got a 2008 connect and where the arrow in the photo is there was a build up of oil, before the photo I cleaned it but it seems to be coming from the vacuum pipe area? any ideas, I am guessing there shouldnt be any oil in that pipe, I will monitor it incase it is coming from somewhere else but if anyone has had this before???
second problem is I get a drop in raves when pulling away more so when warmed up sometimes its enough to stall when pulling out, I have cleaned hte mass air flow sensor and it seems to help a bit, is there anything else I should be looking for? apart from that it drives well and pulls like a train
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aseriestipper
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Oil leak & hesitation

Postby aseriestipper » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:29 pm

for an update , I have cleaned up the oil and there is only a s mall trace around the pipe going in to the brake booster so I will monitor that for now. More of a problem it the cutting out when pulling away, I have got a cheap scanner that throws up a p141a code, I have checked the forum and there's lots of talk about checking readings which is a bit above me, what do I need to be checking on the egr? I am hoping its a case of a clean up but its grim reading from what I have seen, if I need to check readings does anyone know of a good source of a "how to"? but from what I read it looks like my symptoms are different from most in it dies or revs drop on pull away so could this be a throttle position sensor???
aseriestipper
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Oil leak & hesitation

Postby Scott connect1.8tdci » Mon May 15, 2023 8:07 pm

Hi I’m having the same problem with my connect at the moment. Did you manage to get yours fixed?
Scott connect1.8tdci

Return to Transit Connect