*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2006 1.8 vacuum pump

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2006 1.8 vacuum pump

Postby rodduz84 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:11 pm

Hi,

I just changed the vac pump on my connect due to an oil leak. The top vac hose I couldn't get off for love nor money, in the end using grips I ended up breaking the hose. The metal grommet that goes inside the hose and the nut clamps onto I cannot get out. Any idea where I can get a replacement or a workaround? Pic attached of the metal bit I need poking oit of top of vac pump Image

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
rodduz84
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: 2006 1.8 vacuum pump

Postby metalworker0 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:57 pm

well it looks like they are about £36 on ebay - that's an after market part
the hoses are about £24 -- also after market
you pays your money and takes your choice ..not sure how good - probably Chinese and iffy.

one of the original manufacturers of the pump is WABCO they are all over £100

There is one new one on there by magnetti marelli for £36 ..that's the one i would go for

Don't touch any of the second hand units!

And yes hoses that are on barbs after a long period of time are impossible to get off without damaging them ..but i would not have done it your way ..i would have pulled the spring clip back ..and sliced it off the barb with a knife ...made the hose shorter .That's if i could do that without making the hose too short.

Now you've no barb ..so nothing to keep the hose on ..sorry to say your unit is a write off ...that's' if you want to drive your van with confidence in the brakes

all the best.mark
Last edited by metalworker0 on Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby rodduz84 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:02 pm

I've bought a new pump and fitted it today. My problem is the vac hose is loose in the top due to having no metal grommet for the hose to go on to

rodduz84
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby rodduz84 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:42 pm

metalworker0 wrote:well it looks like they are about £36 on ebay - that's an after market part
the hoses are about £24 -- also after market
you pays your money and takes your choice ..not sure how good - probably Chinese and iffy.

one of the original manufacturers of the pump is WABCO they are all over £100

There is one new one on there by magnetti marelli for £36 ..that's the one i would go for

Don't touch any of the second hand units!

And yes hoses that are on barbs after a long period of time are impossible to get off without damaging them ..but i would not have done it your way ..i would have pulled the spring clip back ..and sliced it off the barb with a knife ...made the hose shorter .That's if i could do that without making the hose too short.

Now you've no barb ..so nothing to keep the hose on ..sorry to say your unit is a write off ...that's' if you want to drive your van with confidence in the brakes

all the best.mark
What spring clip? Only way it was coming off was the way it did?

That is the old unit that came off, the hose I could not free so cut it as close to that metal barb as I could. I'd have no barb either way as the barb is stuck solid in the old pump.

rodduz84
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Connect