*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2015 2.2 Euro 5 No start after clutch & DMF Change

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2015 2.2 Euro 5 No start after clutch & DMF Change

Postby Tdci_boy » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:31 am

Hi Gang, I hope you are all coping in this heat, My friend recently bought the above van & the clutch slave decided to fail, we took it to a locally recommended garage where they commenced to change the whole clutch assy including DMF, I believe LUK from Euro car parts, they noted the Crank sensor had been secured in place using silicone, they rightly recommended changing this including the mounting bracket, the sensor came from Euro & the bracket was located on eBay, now the van cranks but will not start.
Items swaped to try & prove point
DMF compared with original
DMF swapped again
2 x Crank sensors from Euro
1 x Crank sensor from Ford
Does any one have experience of this problem or thoughts on fault/problem, does anyone have any thoughts on the eBay provided crank sensor mount, is there any setting up measurements for the crank sensor & has anyone ever come across a siliconed Sensor?
Transit Custom Limited H1 L2 DCIV, now converted to van by removing the seats etc so now twin side loading doors, fully kitted out with Sortimo racking, always loaded to capacity & averages 35mpg :D
Tdci_boy
GLX Posse

Re: 2015 2.2 Euro 5 No start after clutch & DMF Change

Postby Tdci_boy » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:25 am

Well well, this one proved yet again why you have to be carefull with aftermarket parts!
Although the aftermarket sensor bracket looked identiccal in every way to the genuine item when they were both studied in greater detail & measured with a micrometer & calipers it was found that the copy part was 1mm too high thus not allowing enough adjustment to get the sensor close enough to the flywheel to detect & thus fire, fit the genuine bracket & the engine fired straight away.

My advice for this part is fit Genuine only :)
Transit Custom Limited H1 L2 DCIV, now converted to van by removing the seats etc so now twin side loading doors, fully kitted out with Sortimo racking, always loaded to capacity & averages 35mpg :D
Tdci_boy
GLX Posse

Return to Transit Connect