*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

RHD to LHD headlights on new transit connect

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

RHD to LHD headlights on new transit connect

Postby pugo » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:05 pm

Hi,

I have just purchased a new connect MSRT and am yet to pick it up........My problem is that I pick it up on the 5th of august and then leave for France in it on the 6th!!

I am hoping you guys can help ! My issue is that I do not know if the headlights can be switched RHD to LHD in Settings? switched under the Bonnet? Do they need Beam converters? or are they flat beam so need nothing ?

I am not getting much help from the main dealer.....so thought I would ask you guys

Van is a 22 reg MSRT with Bi-Xenon headlamps
And I am currently working offshore so cannot visit dealers or in fact phone them

TIA

Pugo
pugo
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: RHD to LHD headlights on new transit connect

Postby pugo » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:03 pm

UPDATE:

Was informed by dealer that headlamps will change automatically once van knew I was in France (via GPS) .......this did not happen

Was informed by Ford technical that I could go through settings and change them over via the lighting settings........there is no facility on my van to do this, only lighting delay time

So i used beam converters........I am still investigating

Pugo
pugo
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Blizz » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:58 pm

pugo wrote:Was informed by dealer that headlamps will change automatically once van knew I was in France (via GPS)

Really? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry for laughting but it's so crazy... The beam pattern is achieved using a shield in between the bulb and the lens, it's a "phisical" thing so no GPS, no hidden menu on the van...
Blizz
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby pugo » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:08 pm

Blizz wrote:
pugo wrote:Was informed by dealer that headlamps will change automatically once van knew I was in France (via GPS)

Really? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry for laughting but it's so crazy... The beam pattern is achieved using a shield in between the bulb and the lens, it's a "phisical" thing so no GPS, no hidden menu on the van...

Most modern vehicles like mercedes/range rover/jaguar etc have a setting in the menu to change from RHD to LHD, I think fords presumed (even though I told them I didn't) that I had adaptive headlamps

as for laughing, i totally get it, so far, they sold me a van with front parking sensors that were not fitted so had to swap for an extended warranty, told me a 12v rear aux could not be retro fitted (i fitted it), they told me an msrt cannot have a tow bar, spoke to msrt and it is one of their options ! so am not so far very impressed with ford motor co, however the van is an awesome bit of kit
pugo
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Connect