*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit connect front seats change.

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Transit connect front seats change.

Postby jonjon69691 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:51 am

Hi all,
Hope some one can help. I would like to change my front seats that are in my Transit connect (15 plate) for sports seats ie Fiesta ST seats. Are they a straight swop, or do I have to make alterations as in welding , that sort of thing, or if not fiesta ST seats, some that will bolt straight in?
Thank you for your time.
Jon
jonjon69691

Re: Transit connect front seats change.

Postby LostinTransit » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:07 am

Good luck with that, I've wanted different seats in my 2015 and now the 2020 and I've not been bale to locate them. The main issue is that although the bolts could and should line up, the airbag harness is NOT universal. So we're opting to change the angle of the seat with skateboard wheels cut in half and used as spacers at the rear of the seat frame rail. You make need to attempt something like this yourself.
LostinTransit
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Transit connect front seats change.

Postby LostinTransit » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:15 pm

UPDATE

Man what a BIG difference adding these skateboard wheels to the rear of the front seat frame rails. The 1.25 inch 50mm skateboard wheel lifted or titled the rear of the seats forward. the seat is actually near level instead of creating pinch point at the hips, knees and back. If you're happy with the seat just not the angle, try this skateboard wheel trick.. we did and I'll never have to use foam pads in the seat ever again.

imageedit_18_5530487712.jpg

Although difficult to see there is a 50mm 1.25inch skateboard wheel between the floor and the frame rail. I mistakenly purchased bolts that were too long, but used the extra cut in half wheels as washers.
LostinTransit
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect