*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK1 - U0121 Lost communication with ABS module

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

MK1 - U0121 Lost communication with ABS module

Postby southy47 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:56 am

Hi,

I have an MK1 2008 transit connect and the weirdest thing happens. Sometimes when I stop after driving for a while and turn the engine off, when I get back in 10 minutes later all power is completely off, no dash lights nothing. Its like there isn't even a battery connected, when I turned the key doesn't even make a sound. I figured out that when I turn the headlights from OFF to ON on the switch on the right-hand side the van dashboard lights all turn back on and I can start the van by turning the key.

Very strange, only has happened 2-3 times in 5 months, but recently I've had an MOT they've changed the front 2 tyres and now I've got an engine management light come on for u0121 'Lost communication with ABS control module'. It has recently disappeared and hasn't come back on but something is defo up...

My old man says there's probably bad earth somewhere, but I have no idea where? How can I try and fix this issue I am not the best with cars or electronics. Can anyone give me any pointers on where to look and is this headlight issue linked with this issue do you think, sounds likely?

Any help would be much appreciated, the vans been so good to me so be a shame for this to happen.

Ben
southy47

Return to Transit Connect