*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2014 1.6 tdci diesel snapped timing belt

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2014 1.6 tdci diesel snapped timing belt

Postby dan22979 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:29 am

hi all could someone point me in the right direction my timing belt snapped few weeks ago when that happen I opened up the rocker cover to find it had snapped 4no rocker arms knowing this I took the head off to get the vales off that had the snapped rocker arm and there ok so put it all back together with new rocker arm and belt kit.
been primping the diesel now for a long time with no luck my have air leaking somewhere will need to replace some fuel Lines (if I can find them online)
the problem I have is the camshaft could be 180 degrees out to the crank I did use the locking pins at the 3 points but as the belt snapped the cam can be locked off in two points so does anyone know another way of making sure that the cam in lined up right to the crank without using the locking pin in the camshaft if I can just get this right I can put my time back in the sorting the fuel problem out.
cheers
dan22979

Re: 2014 1.6 tdci diesel snapped timing belt

Postby metalworker0 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:50 pm

ALAN HOWATT

Has some videos on these ..i think he would give the info you want in one of his videos,
if I'm right, i believe these are Peugeot/ Citroen engines. in his taxi fleet of Mondeos.

Sorry you are going to have to watch quite a few videos to find this info .but the info will be there in one of them, as he does go very in depth....and i remember him talking about how to find the timing in one of therm.

https://www.youtube.com/c/alan4x6677

also "Salvage Rebuilds" have done a couple of these engines recently ..in ford and in Peugeot/Citroen and have fixed without taking the heads off ..

https://www.youtube.com/c/salvagerebuildsuk

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Connect