*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Reg lights not working!? Help! Urgent!!

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Reg lights not working!? Help! Urgent!!

Postby SandyHenderson » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:48 pm

Hi again troops.

So I've been having slight issues with my reg lights on the rear. First off since replacing the bulb on the right a year ago, it goes out if I hit a bump and I need to tap it to get it on again. And the on the left wasn't working when I switched bulbs, it only worked with the old bulb so I left that in. Anyway fast forward a year... I was pressure washing my van last night and water must have gotten into the light on the left (old bulb) and it went out. I tried tapping it and tried to disperse any water. Didn't work. So I attempted to fit a new bulb. Didn't work. The old bulb smashed in my hand whilst trying to get it out! Ouch! Anyway I went to put the old bulb back in to see if I'd get a signal since no fuses seemed to be blown (prob a dumb idea), and then a spark and now both reg lights are out and won't go on at all. I've tried checking the fuses, not sure which ones to be exact so I scanned them all. Can't see any blown fuse unless I'm missing something. Now I've got no lights on my reg!!

Any ideas or things to check? Also what is the fuse for these?
Help!!!
2006 T200L 1.8 Transit Connect 8)
Self Converted Micro Camper :wink:
Novice Mechanic Getting My Hands Dirty! :D
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Reg lights not working!? Help! Urgent!!

Postby metalworker0 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:59 pm

Clean up the contact areas where the bulb takes its power with 180 grade wet and dry paper. or fit new bulb holders:

They start from £5 each on ebay

Use search term "Rear Number Plate lamp Ford Transit connect"

all the best..mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby SandyHenderson » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:18 pm

I tried scraping the contacts with a paper clip and sprayed it with wd40 too. I'm just confused why the other one that was pretty much fine, went out as soon as the spark happened? Worried I've fried a wire or something... I don't want to be taking panels off doors and walls to find a wire because of my conversion!

Maybe I'll try new bulb holders soon after a good clean up like you said. Are they hard to fit? I'm guessing I'll need access to inside the door?
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby John235 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:46 pm

According to the Haynes drawings, the fuse is F57, 7.5amp, in the passenger fusebox. This is behind the glovebox.
If you look at the fusebox with the relay panel on the left, it is on the third row, sixth fuse from top.
It only pweres the number plate lights!
Hope this helps
John235
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby SandyHenderson » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:42 am

Fixed it. Fuse was blown, my right side brake light blew too for some reason so I replaced that bulb. got two new number plate bulbs and a new fuse. Cleaned contacts of the holder and now it's working. Thank goodness!! Thanks folks
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect