*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


07 connect radio question

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

07 connect radio question

Postby chrisbaz4444 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi there, can anyone tell me where the aux output for the radio is?

and how would I get to it? cannot find anything in the glovebox either.

If its simply at the back of the stereo, is it a problem to access it?

I have an 07 tdci with cd player.

Thanks!
chrisbaz4444
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby MrMPuk » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:17 pm

What stereo is it? Are you sure it has an Aux output?
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby Mike » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:32 pm

Output or input? I'm not aware of them having an output.
Mike
Wind up merchant!
 
Posts: 19592
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: HP17 0UZ

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby chrisbaz4444 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:43 pm

sorry, I meant input!

it is the standard cd player/radio tuner on an 07 connect.

but there is a button that is titled aux and when pressed, the radio goes silent, so I figure there has to be a phono socket or something somewhere.
chrisbaz4444
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby MrMPuk » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:45 pm

chrisbaz4444 wrote:sorry, I meant input!

it is the standard cd player/radio tuner on an 07 connect.

but there is a button that is titled aux and when pressed, the radio goes silent, so I figure there has to be a phono socket or something somewhere.

They all have the button. Don't all have the input connected.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby chrisbaz4444 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Yes, I wanted to know if i I could take the radio out of the console and run a cable from it myself so I could plug in my ipod etc?

I have a itrip, but the radio reception is so good I can never find an empty channel to use!
chrisbaz4444
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby MrMPuk » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:07 pm

You have to buy the special lead, seen one on eBay for £12.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby chrisbaz4444 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:52 pm

ok, thanks. do you know what type lead it is?
chrisbaz4444
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby MrMPuk » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:54 pm

chrisbaz4444 wrote:ok, thanks. do you know what type lead it is?

How do you mean what type lead?
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby chrisbaz4444 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:10 pm

I meant is it a special type of lead? in order to know what to look for on ebay.
chrisbaz4444
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby Nighthawk » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Go to your local ford parts dealer and ask them for the AUX input kit for Fiesta / Fusion

the kit contains the lead and the socket as well as instructions on how to fit it....albeit on a fiesta :D
Transit.........Job done
Nighthawk
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:33 pm

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby MrMPuk » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:41 pm

chrisbaz4444 wrote:I meant is it a special type of lead? in order to know what to look for on ebay.

I'd search for what you are after. Here's one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Ford-AUX- ... dZViewItem
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby chrisbaz4444 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:00 pm

Ok, thanks for that!
chrisbaz4444
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: 07 connect radio question

Postby belly » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:55 pm

ive had the same prob with my i trip :roll: not enough free frequencys :evil: can you fit a aux cable to the older cd 6000? or would it be possible to fit the newer one (cd player)to a older connect? and would i have to change the centre plastic bits? :idea:
2013 VW Transporter swb T5.1GP T28 140ps Highline with extra toys.
User avatar
belly
Kaiser Chief
 
Posts: 10462
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: southampton


Return to Transit Connect



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.