*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Help, Connect needs more POWER!!

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Help, Connect needs more POWER!!

Postby Pete508 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Hello, I have just joined! Never thought there would be a Forum for Trannies but there yer go. Anyway, after getting shut of an Escort TD van, I bought a Connect, 03 plate 90 TDCi, however, the Escort had the Pump and the Wastegate turned up by the Derv Doctor in Derby. The Van was very lively indeed and not too bad on fuel either!! I used it for A-Framing cars to and from the Auctions! The Connect has now got the Escorts Job but I need a bit more power too as the Essy would actually pull a car uphill in 5th.. yes, you read that right!! I have heard lots about these tuning boxes or remaps but I'm not sure which one to have done! I have always been lead to beleive that they need Rolling Roading after to set it all up.. So, fellow Transit dudes, what should I do and would the Connect respond as good as the Escort did??? The Escort by the way started life as a normal TD from an Escort car then had the Derv Doctor treatment.. I have never heard of or know anyone who has had a drive of, or owns a Remapped Connect so please fill me in on what to expect?
Also, would I be right in thinking I could just use a 110's ECU? could I just plug and play as it were, or is totally different as it would be nice to get the 110 ECU and remapp that instead..
Any info chaps, much appreciated.
Pete508
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Re: Help, Connect needs more POWER!!

Postby MrMPuk » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:18 pm

MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Re: Help, Connect needs more POWER!!

Postby motorwise » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:52 pm

MrMPuk wrote:http://fordtransit.org/ad/redirect/29/



seconded :D
Ford Transit - Backbone Of Britain
http://www.motorwise.net
if you want to get on in life, its not what you know, its not who you know, its what you know about who you know
User avatar
motorwise
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:49 am
Location: Bromley Kent

Re: Help, Connect needs more POWER!!

Postby sportvanman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:28 pm

Thirded.
sportvanman
Sportvan Owner!
Sportvan Owner!
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:26 am

Re: Help, Connect needs more POWER!!

Postby Icurus » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:06 pm

Im not sure if you can just swap over to the higher powered models ecu and you'd have the same power, as I noticed that my exhaust manifold was labelled 75ps, which leads me to think that the higher output versions have different exhaust manifolds at least, and most prob some other parts too.
Transit Connect LWB T220 75PS - KnN - HID's
User avatar
Icurus
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: Ashford, Kent

Re: Help, Connect needs more POWER!!

Postby martynx » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:38 am

You cant swap the ECU's unfortunately but they are straightforward to remap as in you can expect good power gains without ruining your mpg or stressing your engine..

A common rail tuning box can only raise fuel pressure & there are many many more maps & settings that need tweaking for the best & safest gains..
Image

for egr/dpf adblue deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control,acceleration control delete & key's !
User avatar
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3209
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Middlesex

Re: Help, Connect needs more POWER!!

Postby daycm1 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:51 am

I had Martynx remap my 03 90ps tdci and is pretty good on the torque and speed factor!! I would highly recommend it as mine was pretty slow and was crap on fuel.

Vantuner.co.uk

Go for it and Martyn will do a great job.

Cheers,
03 Transit Connect TDCi LX SWB
daycm1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:11 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: Help, Connect needs more POWER!!

Postby martynx » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:14 am

daycm1 wrote:I had Martynx remap my 03 90ps tdci and is pretty good on the torque and speed factor!! I would highly recommend it as mine was pretty slow and was crap on fuel.

Vantuner.co.uk

Go for it and Martyn will do a great job.

Cheers,


"pretty good " :!: its did wheelspins after i played with it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

for egr/dpf adblue deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control,acceleration control delete & key's !
User avatar
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3209
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Middlesex

Re: Help, Connect needs more POWER!!

Postby daycm1 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Ok sorry Martyn, it is amazing!!

Still gotta get the brakes sorted as I'll have none left soon :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
03 Transit Connect TDCi LX SWB
daycm1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:11 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: Help, Connect needs more POWER!!

Postby martynx » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:38 pm

enjoy it Man..... :lol: :lol:
Image

for egr/dpf adblue deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control,acceleration control delete & key's !
User avatar
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3209
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Middlesex


Return to Transit Connect



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.