*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Drive Shaft torneo connect.

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Drive Shaft torneo connect.

Postby ibi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:46 pm

Hi this is the first time I have posted here,the forum appears to have lots of people with different problems with there connects so hope someone can help me please.
I have a 2005 torneo connect 1.8 tdci,it had a small leak of coolant from the egr valve,which turned out to be a crack from one of the welds,anyway got a replacement and fitted no problem.I did notice however that the leak had dripped for quite a time onto the drive shaft bearing but thought nothing of it until a number of weeks later,when a noise appeared to be coming from under the car,a closer look and I thought that this bearing was the problem,Hmm not the case it turned out to be a wheel bearing,so changed both as you do :roll: but still appear to have a slight rumble from somewhere and the big bearing feels dog rough,but my ford dealer says its not that bad.I made some inquires about this bearing and it looks like its not available as a spare part.Has any one any idea where I could possibly buy this said bearing??
Ford want about 300euro,sorry forgot to say live in Germany and its a LHD car,but the drive shafts are the same.Have plenty of friends and relatives in UK so any suggestions very welcome.
Thanks and heres hoping :idea:
ibi
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Drive Shaft torneo connect.

Postby coconut » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:05 pm

Welcome :D

The bearings are avalible seperately for the transit, connect, focus, fiesta, fusion & c-max (its the same bearing for all!!) The finis number for the bearing is 1061831 (I presume german parts system will be the same as ours :? ) just quote this number to the parts deptment and even if it has changed number they should be able to tell from that :D
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
User avatar
coconut
Ford Technician
 
Posts: 3406
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Re: Drive Shaft torneo connect.

Postby ibi » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:46 pm

Thanks for that information Coconut,its very very annoying when two garages both Ford dealers tell you its not available as a spare part.One was here in Germany and the other was in the UK.
My mate has a motor factors outlet in Manchester,and it was he who rang the dealer in England.
Needless to say he phoned them today and quoted the number you gave me,and sure enough they do sell them seperatley,and sure he told them he wasnt to chuffed after being told they dont.Anyway its a little late now because I have already ordered a new one from a company on Ebay and it will arrive here Friday,but will order a bearing to repair the one that comes off.
The finnis code has changed to 1459756 price 28.30 inc.
Thanks very much for the info,and I can see your a BIG BIG help to other users on this forum,keep up the good work :D
Ps have you anything against mapping,I do a lot of hilly motorway work here and would like to be able to keep a bit more speed up on the hills,nothing silly dont expect to keep up withall the flying Audis and Bmws LOL,but would like to stay in front of the lorries I have just overtaken :oops: .your comments would be appriciated.
ibi
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Drive Shaft torneo connect.

Postby coconut » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:53 pm

:D :D

Mapping, brilliant idea, get it done as soon as!!!! If you wanna do a 'little' trip over here, come and see Martynx, www.vantuner.com he is god!!! or speak to him about his imap (think thats what he calls them :oops: ) and see if its possible to do it in germany :idea:
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
User avatar
coconut
Ford Technician
 
Posts: 3406
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Re: Drive Shaft torneo connect.

Postby ibi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:31 am

Thanks for that Info,had read one or two other comments and it seems you can do a good job on the 90ps version,maybe I will get in touch with van tuners about there tuning with the computer,but might have to wait till my brother is here,he knows a lot more about computers than me :?
Thanks again coconut for your valued assistance :D
ibi
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:39 pm


Return to Transit Connect



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.