*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

What did you do to your connect today?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: What did you do to your connect today?

Postby Kenton » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:42 pm

blue estate wrote:
Kenton wrote:Nice one 8) Have you attempted the intercooler yet blue?
No , to many jobs in the house to do this week
May see what time I have later in the week
What sized hole cutter did you use ?

Sent from some where

Sorry Blue, in reference to the hole cutter size, as you can see in one of the pictures I took (drill on floor with stepper cutter fitted) all we did was measure the size of the sensor across the thread, then drill in one or two sizes too small first of all. Then step it up another size until snug. Then wrapped a couple of layers of PTFE. Could not tell you the eventual size, as we didn't check! :roll: If you do the same starting from too small and work up one or two, you will get there.
Good luck pal :D 8) Let me know if you get it done :)
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby eddiez » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:39 pm

Kenton wrote:Gotta love the wind deflectors. I was never a particular fan, but since having mine, I think they work very well. Not only with wind noise, but rain deflection too 8) Nice one. :wink:

I like to leave my windows down a couple inches, most of the year, rain or shine. As far as wind noise and turbulence, about half-way up is where they start to make a significant difference.
eddiez
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby SandyHenderson » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:43 pm

Kenton wrote:
SandyHenderson wrote:Kenton your engine bay looks good! I've probably missed the obvious but is your van a custom spray job?

Hello mate, no. It's the original paint. I'm just a bit of a clean freak when the weather permits! :lol: The vans done 146k now, but when I took it over about 7 years ago, it had the full steam clean treatment. Much easier to keep on top of stuff since then. It was a right old sorry state when I got it, but luckily it didn't have any rust, and I have fought hard to keep it that way. It kinda deserves it to be fair as its a good body. Just waer and tear on the mechanical side that keeps me busy! But that's to be expected on a 16 year old van. Good luck with your continuing hard efforts man, more power to your elbow 8) 8)

That's impressive! Looks minted! Nothing wrong with being a clean freak, especially with these vans. I try to clean mine at least once a week. It's bad up here due to the amount of salt we get on our roads and from the coasts. Hate the stuff :lol:

Good job on the van, she'll last you many years still! Thanks dude!
2006 T200L 1.8 Transit Connect 8)
Self Converted Micro Camper :wink:
Novice Mechanic Getting My Hands Dirty! :D
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby SandyHenderson » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:50 pm

Replaced the accelerator pedal :D? No more random revving!. Cleaned out the pollen filter area and removed loads of leaves. Surprised I actually had a filter in decent condition too. I just hoovered what little stuff was in the filter and put it back in 8) Sprayed the van with water to check for leaks in drivers footwell, nothing could be seen really. I dont think it's from the pollen filter either. Wondered if maybe the rubber plugs on the part where the door connects could be causing it when it did happen as I noticed they're not super tight. Gonna put sikaflex on them once it arrives anyway.
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby LostinTransit » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Not much other than after 2-3 weeks of suffering with gout, I was finally able to enter the van's passenger side and sit a while with a back support and seat cushion. The seat angle is still off and we're looking to correct that soon. The main draw back to wanting to drive the van is the dread dead peddle and we're looking to get rid of that also. otherwise picked up some Chemical Brothers large edgeless drying towels for the van and once we give it a good washing this weekend.. those 2 towels will come in handy.
LostinTransit
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby SandyHenderson » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Got round to changing the fuel filter. Primed with diesel, turned the key to the second setting around 10 times and then it started first time! Happy with that! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby brickent » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:27 am

Done fitting my new pads and shoes.
brickent
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby SandyHenderson » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:25 pm

Took out drivers seat and layed down a replacement vinyl floor from a scrappy. I only used half of the new flooring as I got away with tucking it under the centre console and the plastic trims. No more heel hole!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby SandyHenderson » Sat May 01, 2021 9:42 pm

Took off the roof rack. The front two bolts came out no problem at all. The back two didn't though... The head of both back bolts snapped off so now I'm stuck with two headless bolts in they holes. Tried pliers, didn't work. I've now siliconed those headless bolts and added a nut to them. Hopefully they don't allow water in or my insulation will get mouldy. Front two bolts came out and I've used the grommets I bought for it. Added a bit of silicone to them before bolting them closed too. Van looks and feels better now. Just a shame about the back two bolts.
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Kenton » Sun May 02, 2021 7:43 am

Nice job on the floor mate! 8) Get some genuine Connect mats now and she'll be grand! (Part number 1685505 £25.99 on ebay from Rates ford right now) Shame about the roof rack bolts :( If you know someone handy with a spot welder you could get the nuts welded to the bolt stems then cover them in penetrating oil (WD40 or the like) and give them another go :?: Just an idea pal.
Fair play to you with the fuel filter too! :D 8) Not a job that many people would attempt themselves.
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby SandyHenderson » Sun May 02, 2021 9:50 am

Thanks bud! I'll get those mats when the moneys rolling in again, I've got other ones to do me for now but I'll defo want to protect the floor now! Good idea with the bolts! It's forecasted for heavy rain up here for the next few days so for now I've painted and silicone the bolts to ensure my vans not soaked. Might just leave it like that if it can withstand this heavy rain coming,otherwise I'll try the welding thing. I did soak them in wd40 when trying to remove them but they're solid and just snapped lol. Oh well. Thanks mate! Just done my brothers air and fuel filter on his connect too. Getting too cocky now :lol:
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby SandyHenderson » Wed May 05, 2021 10:38 am

Took van to get timing belt and wheel bearing replaced. Peace of mind!
SandyHenderson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Kenton » Sat May 15, 2021 10:58 am

New cat-back exhaust system fitted this morning, as the previous one had a small hole in the silencer that was getting bigger. Very nice Italian made aftermarket jobby. Fitted so well. New gasket and clamp came with it. Took all of about 30 mins from start to finish 8) And a bargain at 70 quid trade :D :D
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Kenton » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:35 pm

Fitted new cam cover gasket as the original one was starting to weep. And gave her a full valet which was well deserved! Also decided to give the cover a bit of a spruce up while it was off, and after a clean out. Very surprised it was actually very gunk-free, which was nice, so very little cleaning required 8)
Hopefully next weekend i will fit the nice set of N.O.S rear shocks I got for a bargain price. :D
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby metalworker0 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:02 pm

Are there any more at that price?
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Connect