****NOW BOOKED FOR 2022**** Transitmania 13 @Santa Pod 20th 22nd May 2022 ****ALL DETAILS HERE****


Transitmania 13

Look in here for the latest on our show Transitmania 13 @ Santa Pod on 20th to 22nd May 2022 and information of past shows

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby Mr RVM » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:31 pm

Steve_Martin1612 wrote:£25 per person per day :shock: what're they trying to pull? Camping included - wow in a palace I hope, that so much more expensive than many of the other events that Pod puts on.


Not that expensive when you consider that the same money is around 2 hours pay and would only get you 50 fags these days......or a round of drinks for 4.....or 3.5 gallons of fuel.......or a part worn tyre for your van.....
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4262
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:21 am
Location: Co Durham

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby KING OF ENGLAND » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:48 am

I just think it’s something I enjoy so I’m going
She has her nails done every week £25
Her hair every month £70
So it’s a cheap weekend for me and I can’t wait
KING OF ENGLAND
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: west mids

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby blue estate » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:03 am

Steve_Martin1612 wrote:£25 per person per day :shock: what're they trying to pull? Camping included - wow in a palace I hope, that so much more expensive than many of the other events that Pod puts on.

I’ve just paid £30 for the whole weekend at Devon truck show and that allows 2 peeps camping included :mrgreen: Though I won’t be in a tent when I’ve got a sleeper cab
18 KIA CEED sports-wagon
2006 Connect LWB 230 lx high top
User avatar
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner
 
Posts: 18006
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: Back in the saddle

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby Steve_Martin1612 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:24 pm

Mr RVM wrote:
Steve_Martin1612 wrote:£25 per person per day :shock: what're they trying to pull? Camping included - wow in a palace I hope, that so much more expensive than many of the other events that Pod puts on.


Not that expensive when you consider that the same money is around 2 hours pay and would only get you 50 fags these days......or a round of drinks for 4.....or 3.5 gallons of fuel.......or a part worn tyre for your van.....


Santa Pod holds a lot of events throughout the year, £25 to camp in a field is really frickin expensive especially compared with the price of some of the other events too, and what does your £25 actually get you in Pod?
I pay £34 pp for Cosford Air Show but this gives me soo much more than just the air show, we also get free access to the museum (its normally free btw).
***
2014 (Gen 1) Euro 5 Transit Custom 330 SWB
User avatar
Steve_Martin1612
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:58 pm
Location: Pod

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby MinorMatt » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:46 am

Steve_Martin1612 wrote:Santa Pod holds a lot of events throughout the year, £25 to camp in a field is really frickin expensive


I hate to say it... £25 a night to camp isn't much more expensive than other places. What you are actually buying is entrance to the event and getting camping thrown in. There aren't many places in the country where you can go to a drag strip, car show, night club (depending if the VW guys have put up their party marquee :lol: ), fun fair and camp?

Billing Aquadrome is £90 for 2 Adults over the same weekend for a tent.
Wigrams camp site near Warwick (which is a field with a loo block) is £16 a night
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
User avatar
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 23095
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:53 pm
Location: Herefordshire/Gloucestershire/Berkshire

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby Steve_Martin1612 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:41 pm

MinorMatt wrote:I hate to say it... £25 a night to camp isn't much more expensive than other places. What you are actually buying is entrance to the event and getting camping thrown in. There aren't many places in the country where you can go to a drag strip, car show, night club (depending if the VW guys have put up their party marquee :lol: ), fun fair and camp?

Billing Aquadrome is £90 for 2 Adults over the same weekend for a tent.
Wigrams camp site near Warwick (which is a field with a loo block) is £16 a night


So let me get this straight, you go to a FORD Transit event, but hope that the VOLKSWAGON guys provide the evening entertainment, and not in the form of trumps when discussing how much they spent on their new parts compared to Transit which 50%+ cheaper... :lol:

Wouldn't catch me in Billing Sewage-drome - smelling bad when the wind changes after the Eastern district have had a curry :D £90 and they're not even on a hill to see you coming (Cogenhoe on the other hand IS on a hill).
Camping in Bracelands in the middle of the Forest of Dean is £17.50 per night for a campervan, and the Air Tattoo camping is just £15 per night for example.

It just seems to me a bit expensive for what it is, and I wonder where the funds go for all the events that are held nearly every weekend for most of the year, it certainly doesn't appear to go into infrastructure.
I feel for campers of Pod as it just seems to be a raw deal: Pod would really benefit from solid brick buildings, at least this way you would have an actual soundproofed nightclub where the music can stay loud beyond 10pm: beyond Pod, loud music can be heard all around and it does get really annoying when nearly every weekend there is a new event playing loud.
I suppose its easy for me, you can see my avatar location says "Pod", in truth I live under 4 miles from the start-line of the drag strip so I can enter and leave when it pleases me, and go home to a nice warm bed!
***
2014 (Gen 1) Euro 5 Transit Custom 330 SWB
User avatar
Steve_Martin1612
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:58 pm
Location: Pod

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby Mr RVM » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:42 am

Steve_Martin1612 wrote:
MinorMatt wrote:I hate to say it... £25 a night to camp isn't much more expensive than other places. What you are actually buying is entrance to the event and getting camping thrown in. There aren't many places in the country where you can go to a drag strip, car show, night club (depending if the VW guys have put up their party marquee :lol: ), fun fair and camp?

Billing Aquadrome is £90 for 2 Adults over the same weekend for a tent.
Wigrams camp site near Warwick (which is a field with a loo block) is £16 a night


So let me get this straight, you go to a FORD Transit event, but hope that the VOLKSWAGON guys provide the evening entertainment, and not in the form of trumps when discussing how much they spent on their new parts compared to Transit which 50%+ cheaper... :lol:

Wouldn't catch me in Billing Sewage-drome - smelling bad when the wind changes after the Eastern district have had a curry :D £90 and they're not even on a hill to see you coming (Cogenhoe on the other hand IS on a hill).
Camping in Bracelands in the middle of the Forest of Dean is £17.50 per night for a campervan, and the Air Tattoo camping is just £15 per night for example.

It just seems to me a bit expensive for what it is, and I wonder where the funds go for all the events that are held nearly every weekend for most of the year, it certainly doesn't appear to go into infrastructure.
I feel for campers of Pod as it just seems to be a raw deal: Pod would really benefit from solid brick buildings, at least this way you would have an actual soundproofed nightclub where the music can stay loud beyond 10pm: beyond Pod, loud music can be heard all around and it does get really annoying when nearly every weekend there is a new event playing loud.
I suppose its easy for me, you can see my avatar location says "Pod", in truth I live under 4 miles from the start-line of the drag strip so I can enter and leave when it pleases me, and go home to a nice warm bed!


I take it we won't be seeing you there then :roll:
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4262
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:21 am
Location: Co Durham

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby MinorMatt » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:21 am

My geography might be slightly out... but I'm not sure how prices of camping in a totally different location are relevant? Billing is just down the road (and where we used to go) which is why I used it as an example.
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
User avatar
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 23095
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:53 pm
Location: Herefordshire/Gloucestershire/Berkshire

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby Steve_Martin1612 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:38 pm

MinorMatt wrote:My geography might be slightly out... but I'm not sure how prices of camping in a totally different location are relevant? Billing is just down the road (and where we used to go) which is why I used it as an example.

So why did you mention Wigrams campsite in Warwick then? Your geography would have to be properly off-kilter to imagine Warwick to be close to Pod :) Takes me an hour and fifteen to get from Pod to Warwick

Which is why I thought you'd mentioned Billing at £90 to validate the £25/£33 value of Transitmania; and so I gave you examples of other camping events that are cheaper than TM. But we're talking very subjective here: you guys are happy to come to Pod for a weekend jolly for £30 and why wouldn't you? Hang-out with friends, enjoy the ents provided by the VW guys - continue to laugh all the way, knowing they've paid for the entertainment tent, AND double the price they would've paid if they'd just got a Transit Custom, got a funfair and food.
Whereas I'm very happy to go to the Royal International Air Tattoo @ £45pp just for the day, where I can't drink as I'm driving home unless we camp in which case, I can make great use of the free bar in the club lounges...
I might still come to TM though, but would I be booed-out for turning-up on foot :D

But, going back to that point about Billing Stinky-drome, its more than 10 miles from Pod, so I wouldn't say Billing is just down the road and the only really great event they used to hold was the LRO, which is now held at the East of England Showground in Peterborough for the much more reasonable price of £55pp for the camping. But at least the Showground has great facilities - ok, so it doesn't have a fixed funfair like Billing - but it is close to loads of local amenities (and for me particularly as most of my family on my Dads side all live in Peterborough) and well its the LRO, say no more. Far better than spending £90 for Billing that smells just like day 4 of Glasto but without the pretty girls and good music :wink:

Steve
***
2014 (Gen 1) Euro 5 Transit Custom 330 SWB
User avatar
Steve_Martin1612
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:58 pm
Location: Pod

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby Punto443 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:41 pm

FFS! Come or don't?

Cost me more in diesel getting there :roll:
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
2019 Jeep Compass
1992 defender 110
1988 xr2 (pretty beaten up the now :lol:)
User avatar
Punto443
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 15777
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Deep fried pizza country

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby KING OF ENGLAND » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:02 pm

Punto443 wrote:FFS! Come or don't?

Cost me more in diesel getting there :roll:

Exactly it’s once a year
But I’m not going in rounds down the beer tent it’s way to expensive
KING OF ENGLAND
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: west mids

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby Airthies » Sun May 01, 2022 11:31 pm

Anyone from round Gosport/Portsmouth area going to Mania?


Seng frod gay Armor 8 Prolapse pulsing Crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
User avatar
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6228
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 10:10 pm
Location: Stirling, Scotland, & rest of the world

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby Punto443 » Mon May 09, 2022 9:22 pm

Blue Estate is gosport
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
2019 Jeep Compass
1992 defender 110
1988 xr2 (pretty beaten up the now :lol:)
User avatar
Punto443
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 15777
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Deep fried pizza country

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby Airthies » Tue May 10, 2022 12:29 am

Punto443 wrote:Blue Estate is gosport
All sorted a wee tag team effort in play with dirty dog and MinorMatt hopefully ending with a little set piece at Pod

Seng frod gay Armor 8 Prolapse pulsing Crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
User avatar
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6228
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 10:10 pm
Location: Stirling, Scotland, & rest of the world

Re: Transitmania 13

Postby Punto443 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:16 pm

Great weekend as usual, had a right old laugh with the usual crowd :D

Topped of on the Sunday by a guest appearances from a Lancaster bomber, singing recovery driver and Ronnie f*** pickering :lol:
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
2019 Jeep Compass
1992 defender 110
1988 xr2 (pretty beaten up the now :lol:)
User avatar
Punto443
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 15777
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Deep fried pizza country

PreviousNext

Return to Transitmania 13



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users