*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transitmania.What do YOU want from the weekend?

Look in here for the latest on our show Transitmania 14 @ Santa Pod on 12th and 13th of August 2023 and information of past shows

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Transitmania.What do YOU want from the weekend?

Postby mealic » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 am

As you all know Transitmania is happening again in 2012, on August 24th-26th.
Many of you have contacted Billing and booked already.Last year there were vans a`plenty and a fantastic turnout for the show `n shine, I`m sure that Luke would love to see the same amount again and more.But,what do you want from the weekend? Is there anything that you think could be done that would encourage even more to come along or is everyone quite happy just to crack open their own tinnies and fire up the bbq`s in their own company.........................that`s ok for the evening but what about during the day? Are you happy kickin` tyres and talking Transits.Are the WAGs,husbands,partners all happy with that and for those that bring them,are the kids and the dog happy?

It`s your forum and it`s your event, so let the forum know what you think.Go on,you know you want to.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Transitmania.What do YOU want from the weekend?

Postby MinorMatt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:02 pm

mealic wrote: is everyone quite happy just to crack open their own tinnies and fire up the bbq`s in their own company.........................that`s ok for the evening

Nothing wrong with that during the day too Ali :wink: :lol: :lol:
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby robbie.cee » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:17 pm

some light hearted team based games would be good fun like tug o war, 3 legged races inc pints of beer(better than egg n spoon!)

timed cambelt change/wheel change etc (judged with stopwatches)

transit pull??

beer racing (run down track, neck pint, run other way neck pint til someone drops)

anyone got an inflatable bungee run????

mini moto assault course/racing??
2.9i 24v cosworth v6 LSD now fitted and quad pipes out back

Had
X-Reg Mk5 150ps 3.0 ESSEX V6
MAKE IT FIT

RIP Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby TIMO » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Some mud pole dancing would be nice.
BBC = British Broadcasting Conspiracy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj82wxnO ... r_embedded
TIMO
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby robbie.cee » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:29 pm

TIMO wrote:Some mud pole dancing would be nice.

you first :lol:

Had
MAKE IT FIT

robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Muttley » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:31 pm

robbie.cee wrote:some light hearted team based games would be good fun like tug o war, 3 legged races inc pints of beer(better than egg n spoon!)

timed cambelt change/wheel change etc (judged with stopwatches)

transit pull??

beer racing (run down track, neck pint, run other way neck pint til someone drops)

anyone got an inflatable bungee run????

mini moto assault course/racing??

All the above please :D
Expert burns receiver.
Bodger Extraordinaire!!
Old Fords never die, however, mine are on life support
Fallen in love/hate with Mk6s
Muttley
MK3 Massive

Postby robbie.cee » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:20 pm

any one got any archery stuff? id pay a fiver for half hour or something? could be sensibly set up with a range and everything.

also mini workshop may be good for repairs during event! (gazeebo with leccy hookup)

camp kitchen = why dont we all cook together for a change even if only one night, not saying share food just be together whilst eating. ill bring huge gazeebo if we all bring seats and a few tables could be "come dine with me for munting van drivers" :lol:
ill bring the sun lamp too nice 1200 w red rad heater 8)

Had
MAKE IT FIT

robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Muttley » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Why dont we have a lottery on how long Robbie Cee could stay silent :lol: Not long methinks :wink:
Expert burns receiver.
Bodger Extraordinaire!!
Muttley
MK3 Massive

Postby robbie.cee » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:26 pm

could do a timed event ! you slag! :lol:

Had
MAKE IT FIT

robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Honey monster » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:17 pm

You could have a football match,The Connect chavs against the Mk 6/7 massive The Mk3,4,5 group could be on the side line cheering on because...............Well lets face it....................They are Old. And as for the Mk1and 2 lot................Watching from their vans, Keeping warm whilst drinking some Bovril. :P :P :P
Honey monster
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby robbie.cee » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Honey monster wrote:You could have a football match,The Connect chavs against the Mk 6/7 massive The Mk3,4,5 group could be on the side line cheering on because...............Well lets face it....................They are Old. And as for the Mk1and 2 lot................Watching from their vans, Keeping warm whilst drinking some Bovril. :P :P :P

im liking the sound of that. half time multiball madness too like the tv advert :lol:
(many many balls fired from all directions towards players on pitch)

Had
MAKE IT FIT

robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Luke » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

mealic wrote:As you all know Transitmania is happening again in 2012, on August 24th-26th.
Many of you have contacted Billing and booked already.Last year there were vans a`plenty and a fantastic turnout for the show `n shine, I`m sure that Luke would love to see the same amount again and more.But,what do you want from the weekend? Is there anything that you think could be done that would encourage even more to come along or is everyone quite happy just to crack open their own tinnies and fire up the bbq`s in their own company.........................that`s ok for the evening but what about during the day? Are you happy kickin` tyres and talking Transits.Are the WAGs,husbands,partners all happy with that and for those that bring them,are the kids and the dog happy?

It`s your forum and it`s your event, so let the forum know what you think.Go on,you know you want to.
thanks Ali - couldn't have put it better myself 8)

as we said when we 1st organised Transitmania to make the show grow we need input from other forum members to help out :D I personally think we do need more stuff going on during the day :D

organising a football match for example is something we could do :idea: - but anyone who offers to organise it for us needs to realise it will take more than just turning up with a football people will need 'forcing' into it :lol: from experience lots of people will agree to things when they are sat behind a computer but when it actually comes down to it they dont bother :(

there are some good mentioned here and on other threads - they dont have to be transit related either - anything thats organised we can have included on the schedule for the weekend - something we didnt do last year was print out a schedule and have it posted up on the field somewhere so people would know what was going on :idea: - we will make sure we do that this year! as a lot of people at the show arnt even on the forum or forum regulars :)
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Muttley » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Honey monster wrote:You could have a football match,The Connect chavs against the Mk 6/7 massive The Mk3,4,5 group could be on the side line cheering on because...............Well lets face it....................They are Old. And as for the Mk1and 2 lot................Watching from their vans, Keeping warm whilst drinking some Bovril. :P :P :P

Cheeky monster, I have a MK3's and Mk2's does that make me REALLY old :lol:
Expert burns receiver.
Bodger Extraordinaire!!
Muttley
MK3 Massive

Postby MinorMatt » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:11 pm

robbie.cee wrote:any one got any archery stuff? id pay a fiver for half hour or something? could be sensibly set up with a range and everything.

No chance of that happening... unless you can get billing to agree and arrange for a club to arrange a "have a go" that weekend. (Says someone who has been involved with it since 1995) Insurance would be a nightmare! Bear in mind that even modest bows will launch arrows with a lethal velocity around 150 yards if its flicked up at the last minute... Got to be 100% 1:1 supervision from registered coaches too the governing body to insure...
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Luke » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:00 pm

yes i think matts right we should stick to low risk events :lol: would be nice if we could get some stuff done that gets everyone involved rather than 1 to 1 stuff :D
Luke
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transitmania