*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transitmania 6 - All info here on the show

Look in here for the latest on our show Transitmania 14 @ Santa Pod on 12th and 13th of August 2023 and information of past shows

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Re: Transitmania 5 - All info here on the 2013 show

Postby Homersaysdoh » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:53 pm

All booked for Friday and Saturday, first timers be gentle, we are in Shelduck 3 area is that right?
Last edited by Homersaysdoh on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A cynic, someone who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing
Homersaysdoh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby montym100 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:56 pm

ake wrote:
montym100 wrote:Want to try and make this, whats the latest date i can book?

Cani`t get friday off so may do the Saturday and Sunday, unless we turn up late friday evening :?:

You can turn up on the day, but the discounted price only applies when booked at least 2 weeks before.

Cheers for that Ake,

Hopefully i can make it but it`s over a 280 mile round trip and the poor girl is Whining (so is the Tranny lol).
montym100
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Homersaysdoh » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Booked for Friday and Saturday, first timers be gentle! We are in Shelduck 3 area is this right, told them it was for Transitmania, but they did not seem to be too aware
Homersaysdoh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Luke » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Homersaysdoh wrote:Booked for Friday and Saturday, first timers be gentle! We are in Shelduck 3 area is this right, told them it was for Transitmania, but they did not seem to be too aware
dont worry about that billing always seem to be unorganised - we've been on shelduck meadow 2 for the last 4 years and ive not been told otherwise i'll be there earlier in the week and 1 of the things i'll do is put this banner up so drive round untill you see it :lol:

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Homersaysdoh » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:18 pm

So if my pitch (with hook up) is on 3 how does that work? Do I need to be getting it changed?
Homersaysdoh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Luke » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:22 pm

Homersaysdoh wrote:So if my pitch (with hook up) is on 3 how does that work? Do I need to be getting it changed?
ah i see - shelduck 3 must be the hook up area next to shelduck2

this is an ariel shot the hook up bit is marked on - you'll be in that 8)

Luke
Site Admin

Postby mealic » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Just get a longer hook up lead :lol: :lol:

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Homersaysdoh » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:25 pm

You are right I have checked. No hook ups in 2 so they put the softies like me in 3 next door, more info please tho, who had biggest stash of beer for party, that's the van we want to visit, wife prefers strawberry cider, wine, or even a cocktail please
Homersaysdoh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby RustWidow » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:43 pm

Will book our two in this week we can only stay sat and leaving the house on wheels at home lol are we bringing food for a bbq?
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby mealic » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Homersaysdoh wrote:You are right I have checked. No hook ups in 2 so they put the softies like me in 3 next door, more info please tho, who had biggest stash of beer for party, that's the van we want to visit, wife prefers strawberry cider, wine, or even a cocktail please

Be good to meet up with a few "virgins".As far as the cider goes,Big Beefy is yer man.A very caring,sharing man and he might even have a decent van.
You`ll probably learn a new language too :lol: :lol:

No good befriending me,I`m a Gin `n tonic boy amongst others.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby g-man » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:29 pm

thought it was JD :lol:
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby limitedblack » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Did someone say G&T :D
Happy Easter
limitedblack
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby hugger » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:37 pm

nice layout 8)
hugger
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby blue estate » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:09 pm

limitedblack wrote:Did someone say G&T :D

Coke for me :oops:
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby Terry » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:19 pm

4 VIRGINS ( hopefully this will answer most of your questions)

Billing is a huge recreational area mainly grass fields with a variety of uses, some for log cabins, some mobile homes, some caravans with hook ups, tents
and some 'display' fields there are a few lakes, funfairs e.t.c. thrown in.
Normal admission is... 1 day up to as many as you wish. Staying overnight is no problem, but you have to decide if you are with caravan/tent, if you want an electric hook up, or kipping in the van, how many nights e.t.c.
Phone and book, they (pretend) they are not the full ticket (to their advantage). Internet booking gets you a 100% STANDARD booking, end of, so don't.
If you can phone and book more than 2 weeks in advance, quote the discount code given ( you DO NOT need a membership card, NOW OR ON ARRIVAL).

Areas
The field 'display area' Transitmania uses is 'Shelduck 2', it has NO facilities (well a tap on a stick in the middle of the field),
if you want an electrical 'hook-up' try for Shelduck 3 (i think this is to the left of 'our field' in Luke's diagram), But like everywhere
they have their 'regulars' so try to book early.

Event
As in Luke's post Transitmania runs Friday (afternoon) Saturday & Sunday (you CAN stay overnight any & every night , if you want).
Friday arrival.
IF you are coming from the south the M1 gets ABSOLUTELY CHOCK A BLOCK with all the trucks going home northward (to beat the curfew).
Mixing weekend/holiday/truck traffic means there are invariably accidents which brings everything to a stop, you can avoid it by going (M40 to A43 Cherwell Valley services then past Silverstone towards N'hampton), it's a bit of a long way round for the Essex lads, but FAR better than the world's longest Friday afternoon car park.(If you are coming from the West country join the A34 at Chievely M4 services towards Oxford to the M40, up one junction, then A43,it'll cut a lot of miles off)
Saturday arrivals.
Shouldn't be too bad the 40 footers will all be parked up for the weekend, so you shouldn't have any problems.
Sunday arrivals
Why have you left it so late, you missed a good disco/piss-up Saturday night.

Billing
If you have tickets go straight to the entry booths, if not pull off to the left & upstairs to the orrifice, then to the booths.
There is a (sorta) one way system so you will have to follow it to the left, as you go the field name boards are beside the road, you will only pass a couple of fields before you see Luke's banner (off to the left). The field is bordered by a tarmac road.
Park wherever the mood takes you, usually people park around the outside edges, set themselves up, then gravitate to the centre for/with beer.
If you are sending wives/kids off to look round make sure (assuming you want them back) they know they need to come back to Shelduck 2
(Billing is a seriously HUGE area, moreso on foot)
There are food outlets aplenty on site (no 'outsider' roach coaches/chippies e.t.c. are allowed in). Open fires are O.K., but NOT ON the grass.
I have never stayed on a Friday , but on Saturday the disco & beers start to flow and it usually ends with loadsa beer monsters sat around Martin's HUGE
open fire (not Vantuner Martyn !) putting the world to rights, till the early hours.

Sunday has Luke & usually Gurj, running round trying to get all the vans into the display area (and Gurj will no doubt 'suggest' :D you vote for him in the 'sound off' ), dishing out voting sheets e.t.c.
14.00 ish sheets are collected, votes counted and winners start getting presented with their cups.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A FAMILY ORIENTATED EVENT, THERE ARE (refreshingly) NO PRIMA DONNA'S (NEVER HAVE BEEN) ATTENDING.
(mind you there are a few I have my doubts about :shock: )
So bring kids (and their bikes/carts/etc) /pets, even wives, if the girlfriend is too shy. Most of all RELAX & ENJOY.

Beer, water, barbeque coals e.t.c. are all available at the (BP ?) filling station just outside the entrance, but try bring all you need.
You don't want to go off site after a beer or 3.

N.B. Curfew. In theory all articulated lorries have to be off the road by 10 p.m. Friday night and can't restart their journey's till 10.00 p.m. Sunday night. (I'm sure it's more complicated than that, but that's the gist ). The idea being keep the roads clear on weekends, for weekend drivers.
(Probably the most sensible thing that has come out of the E.E.C.)

Just like to say even though I don't attend many of these Transit Forum events, I'd like to publicly thank Luke for all the work he puts in to
make these events happen.
( I won't be at Transitmania AGAIN this year as Luke has managed to organise it on the same weekend as a 'must do' event for me in Germany. This is the 2nd time in 5 years he has managed it, I wonder if it is deliberate ? :lol: )
Have fun
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in
Pallet Puller
Terry
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Transitmania