*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

That's it for this year!!!

Look in here for the latest on our show Transitmania 14 @ Santa Pod on 12th and 13th of August 2023 and information of past shows

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

That's it for this year!!!

Postby Luke » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:22 pm

We're just about unpacked now :D had a really great weekend good to meet some new faces and good to catch up with some old ones :D

Big thanks to everyone who helped out! The change in field was very short notice and i apologise to anyone who was affected, but we didn't really have any choice but from the feedback ive had i think we're all in agreement it's a lot better field and i will try to get that for next year :D

The turnout on the Friday/Saturday was the best we've ever had 8) but sunday was a bit down - no doubt the weather forecast putting many folks off - but it turned out to be a good day after all 8)

Matt & crew did a great job with the pitstop tent and it was a major success! we've all ready talked about getting a few more demos sorted with some sort of timed schedule for next year. The show and shine new voting idea was a bit difficult to explain to people so we will work on that for next year too.

see you all next year 8) 8)
Luke
Site Admin

Re: That's it for this year!!!

Postby ake » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:28 pm

We got home at 1.45, van is unpacked and cleaned, just having a brew now :)

We had a fantastic weekend, and I want to thank every one involved, for what ever contribution they made, how ever small!

It was good to meet some old friends, and great to meet some new.
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby limitedblack » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:44 pm

A big thanks to Mealic too, very professional, and thanks to Matt for the tea and coffee. Really nice weekend despite the weather, and didn't even need my bike to get me home ;)
Happy Easter
limitedblack
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby pat stevens » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Yeah big thanks to everyone yet another great weekend
Transitmania 6 bring it on lol
if its got tits or wheels its always gonna end in trouble !!!
anyone can restore a van but it takes a real man to chop it up !!!
pat stevens
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby blue estate » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Great weekend :D
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby Punto443 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:32 pm

A big cheers to all involved :D Had a great time, I didn't have a clue what was going on most of the time so thanks for everyone patience with me :D

Everyone made me feel really welcome and it was good to put some faces to the names.

Ill try and be a bit more organised next year :lol:
Special thanks to Tim for the barby skills, matt for the tea and g man for helping me actually find the field :lol:
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby ake » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:40 pm

limitedblack wrote:A big thanks to Mealic too, very professional, and thanks to Matt for the tea and coffee. Really nice weekend despite the weather, and didn't even need my bike to get me home ;)

Special thanks to Mealic for his nightly musical entertainment, the play list was spot on :D
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby limitedblack » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:57 pm

Oh, yes forgot Tim. Big up the man.
Happy Easter
limitedblack
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby RustWidow » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:04 pm

Was a good weekend (well, we only arrived on Saturday). the outcome of staying in the back of Delilah is that the interior/bed needs MAJOR sorting out! So... wait for the thread to appear elsewhere on modifying her! lol

Heartfelt thanks to Tim for the bbq'ing, great job as ever mate, and well done on the music - we weren't in the thick of that - but could still hear it whilst sitting down out of the rain saturday night :wink:

Great to see everyone there, so nice to meet old friends, and new - although Pat, I really felt like I knew you from the thread on your van! Great job and like I say, can't wait to see her finished and painted - your idea for the roof sounds cool so shall wait for that with bated breath :D

Thanks to Alan and Luke for all your hard work. I still don't understand the voting thing, but never mind, it was a lot of fun deciding on which van should get which place on the form! :)
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby KING OF ENGLAND » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Massive thank you to all the organizers for making it a great weekend again,
and the vans just keep getting better evey year
good to meet new faces,bring on next year
KING OF ENGLAND
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby MONSTER 0NE » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:31 pm

Cracking show as usual and as already said the turn out on Friday night/Saturday morning was a great, and well done to Luke and the rest of the guys and girls for organising such a top weekend.
I have a year to get my van sorted ready for next year, so it makes all you guys jobs harder picking which is the best mk5 :wink:
Right 5th Transit now A black petrol mk5 swb, soon to be coverted into a day van mpv.
RIP CATDADDY gone but never forgotten you were a true legend
RIP Ratwood another true great gone who will also never be forgotten
MONSTER 0NE
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby mr Grimly » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:39 pm

Looks like a missed another great show, lack of funds got the better of me this year :( Fingers crossed next year be there 8) 8)
mr Grimly
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby mealic » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:55 pm

mr Grimly wrote:Looks like a missed another great show, lack of funds got the better of me this year :( Fingers crossed next year be there 8) 8)

Yours and quite a few others were names that came up on the "missing persons list" :lol: .Lots going on ,holidays,weddings and working on vans as well as a home life.I think we know that you`ll be back.Just a bit more room on the sideboard this year :lol: :lol:

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby PintoBill » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:45 am

Great to meet everyone this year at the show, this was our first and it was interesting to see the variety of vans and how people had customised, restored and pampered their Transits
10/10 to Luke, Matt, Mealic, Alan and Lukes young lady for all the hard work that was obviously put in behind the scenes and on the show days. We could not do Fri and Sat as work was in the way but a 6.30am start sunday morning got us on the field early all ready for the Show & Shine, the weather brightened up as the morning went on into a lovely day made even more lovely after a lot of nice people voted for my Mk4 in the Standard Van Class bringing it to 2nd Place with Andyg's van 1st. For me not a bad result for a first show and not knowing what to expect ! Thanks to Tim for the BBQ, humour and for making such a fantastic job of my van with the bodywork restoration :)

Will post some pics when I get home later.

Well Done Everyone
PintoBill
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Frank190 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:58 am

Well done to all who helped organise this weekend ! A special thanks to Matt for the "fettling" on my van on Sunday and Mrs Luke for hospitality and childcare Sat Night.

Had a great time, met some great people, seen some stunning vans - daughter has asked me to take her again next year so double result :lol: - Frank.
Frank190
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Next

Return to Transitmania