Transitmania 12 @Santa Pod 15th to 17th May 2020


TransitMania 2010 lol

Look in here for the latest on our show Transitmania 12 @ Santa Pod on 15th to 17th May 2019 and information of past shows

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby MattBlackMinibus » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:38 pm

Come on Luke,
open a thingamejig (what's one higher than a thread? a page?) for TransitMania 2010.
It may make it easier for you to start working through new ideas now?

First question -
Will the voting sheets be the same? as I noticed a lot of people struggled to pick 1st 2nd and 3rd favourites.
I did too, but just think people needed more time maybe? or less options?
I know you've said that there'll be set times next year which will help.

Also -
I had an idea of organising a welly throwing competition for the Saturday :lol:
I will provide the welly and measuring tape :lol:
I wanted to do it this time, but left it too late to organise it, and forgot to bring the wellies :roll:
Starting All Over Again
User avatar
MattBlackMinibus
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: East

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby sc_BK » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:47 pm

Lol good idea, get some discussion whilst it's fresh in people's heads :wink:

I think there was maybe too many options for the voting

Just out of interest, how did all the vote counting work? Did you give each van 1pt for 3rd, 3pts for 1st, in each catergory?
User avatar
sc_BK
Remapped by Vantuner
 
Posts: 6100
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:14 am
Location: Ross Shire............. Transit: Mk7 LWB

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby Luke » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:51 pm

i'll change the Transitmaina 2009 to 2010 when it's booked :lol: and i'll post up as soon as it is - i havent even spoke to billing yet :lol:

over all i was pleased with the voting - i put 3 places beceause i was worried not enough people would fill them in and hand them back :roll: ............ i shouldnt have been :lol:

we'll definatly do the public voting again :!: no matter what people say about it i appreciate certain vans which are without a doubt better than others loose out for one reason or another but the fact that it got everyone involved (especially the kids) was really worth it 8) 85 sheets handed back in :shock: 8) 8)

but i think it might be better to have just a best and runner up of each catagory (on the sheets) but still go for 3 (at least) trophys :D
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 42426
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby Luke » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:51 pm

sc_BK wrote: Did you give each van 1pt for 3rd, 3pts for 1st, in each catergory?
yep thats it :D
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 42426
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby Luke » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:58 pm

one thing we missed out on was a light show :idea: - next year on the sat night we'll have to get that sorted :D
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 42426
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby noobrider » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:43 pm

couple of thoughts, the public vote was a definates plus and should be encouraged next time.. this means it shows what non transit afficianados actually like about our vans and adds value to what we have, Second point would be issue a certificate with the trophys as this could be added to the vans documentation and could actually add value to the owners vans. Kind of makes it official.
User avatar
noobrider
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:56 pm
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby MONSTER 0NE » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:54 pm

using part of noobriders idea about certificates of some sort, you could have them displayed in the windscreen of the winning vans so people can see what vans won what, thats if the vans are left in the display arena for a while after the awards are given out.
Right 5th Transit now A black petrol mk5 swb, soon to be coverted into a day van mpv.
RIP CATDADDY gone but never forgotten you were a true legend
RIP Ratwood another true great gone who will also never be forgotten
MONSTER 0NE
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: NORTHAMPTON

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby Luke » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:56 pm

shouldn't be a problem to do certificates :D
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 42426
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby Britishbulldog » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:07 am

MattBlackMinibus wrote:Come on Luke,
open a thingamejig (what's one higher than a thread? a page?) for TransitMania 2010.
It may make it easier for you to start working through new ideas now?

First question -
Will the voting sheets be the same? as I noticed a lot of people struggled to pick 1st 2nd and 3rd favourites.
I did too, but just think people needed more time maybe? or less options?
I know you've said that there'll be set times next year which will help.

Also -
I had an idea of organising a welly throwing competition for the Saturday :lol:
I will provide the welly and measuring tape :lol:
I wanted to do it this time, but left it too late to organise it, and forgot to bring the wellies :roll:


You don't hang about do you Paul :lol: just because your 150w system sounded good :shock: :D

A couple of idea's: (may sound daft but a work collegue is a member of LRO who have there events at Billing also)
A trailer reversing contest (that would see a few laughs)
A van pull (individual or team) or is that too physical for a BHW :lol:

I'm sure between now & next year's event they'll plenty of suggestions so I think it'll be interesting to see how it develops, & i'm sure there's plenty of knowledge from members to knock up a certificate template :lol:
User avatar
Britishbulldog
formerly known as charly
 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Hell

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby fastmower » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:25 am

Well I'll definitely be at the next Transitmania - it was my first Transit meet and although it's over 180 miles away it was well worth the trip.

As far as suggestions go - my first one would be some kind of entry fee or at least a donations box. Someone told me on Sunday that all the trophies etc had come straight out of Luke's pocket, and I ended up thinking I wished I'd known earlier so some kind of collection could have been organised. I mean fair play to him but he deserves a medal or some kind of presentation for organising the whole thing anyway - never mind paying for it all as well! I reckon we owe him big time.

My other thought was that until the show circle - we all seemed kinda spread out with some of us a couple of fields away. I'm all for relaxed camping etc - but maybe we could pack ourselves together a bit better (bags the opposite end to Gurj :wink: ) so we look more like a Transit gathering?

Voting was difficult - too many nice motors there - but less choices may make it easier. There was a suggestion that the County crew could have their own category like the campers did - hopefully we'll persuade a few more of the brotherhood to attend next time!

At big mower racing events we tend to put up a decent sized tent/marquee where club members can congregate and chat - might be an idea to have a central point like this and it makes it easier for new people to get introduced/involved without having to wander about and hope someone will get talking to them - we usually have a tea urn and brew stuff in there too - though a bottle opener would probably be more appropriate for you lot :lol:

My special thanks for the event, in no particular order go to billyboy, mrgasoil, minor matt, nadjenka, AlanN, vmac, and of course to Luke for making it all happen in the first place.

Looking forward to next year and may even have polished something by then!

Andy
From four vans to two :-(

1997 Mk5 County Transit 4x4
2003 Mk6 ex RAC 330 SWB
User avatar
fastmower
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:52 pm
Location: Lancaster

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby rover » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:41 am

From the people I spoke to in the show one thing was very clear, unless they were into Transits they didnt know what Mk was what, and walking back and fourth trying to find each Mk was a task even for those of us who do!!! Although a large circle looked really good, I think for the purpose of making voting easier we should have designated lines for the Mk's.

A simple post in the ground with a piece of A4 on it.....Mk1's here.

Mk2's here.

Mk3's here. etc etc etc...

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6403
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby MattBlackMinibus » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:12 am

fastmower wrote:and I ended up thinking I wished I'd known earlier so some kind of collection could have been organised. I mean fair play to him but he deserves a medal or some kind of presentation for organising the whole thing

Same thoughts here :!: Wished I'd brought a trophy for best show organiser :(
Starting All Over Again
User avatar
MattBlackMinibus
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: East

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby Luke » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:39 am

Britishbulldog wrote:A trailer reversing contest (that would see a few laughs)
i like this idea :mrgreen: it'd been suggested by matt before this years event but we thought it'd have took too much organising (this year), but next year i hope to get the entire field so we can fence off areas for stuff like this, we could have a small course set out with cones, each person reversing a transit+trailer against the clock - have a leaderboard and prize for the quickest one 8)

somone would need to provide a van + trailer tho and i think some sort of mechanism to stop it jack knifeing :shock: :lol: i wouldn't mind volenteering my mk4 but not sure if i'd be able to get it there - and i certanly wont be volenteering any of my classics :shock: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 42426
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby Luke » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:04 am

fastmower wrote:As far as suggestions go - my first one would be some kind of entry fee or at least a donations box. Someone told me on Sunday that all the trophies etc had come straight out of Luke's pocket
thats not strictly true, the funds for the show although they had come from my bank account it was money the forum has made on advertising, if you go to the home page for example http://fordtransit.org/image right at the bottom the google adverts we get paid per click on those, also the section sponsors pay, i'd always ask anyone using them to mention they got the link off here - as it makes them realise the effect the ad is having 8)
This years show did loose a large amount of money :( more than i'd planned :lol: but hopefully the intrest from trade stalls will be much bigger next year, this year i had very little interest as nobody knew how big the show would be - and i'm not one to make false promises :) How everyone can help is if you know of any traders who might be interested in having a stall then tell them about it - the cost will stay the same £50 for a stall all weekend :D the sort of stalls we really need are the ones you get at autojumbles - we have a year now to generate some intrest :D
The long term plan is for Transitmania to be self financing as the forum wouldn't be able to support it if it cost the same year after year, but the outgoings should be less and if we get some support from trade stalls then i cant see a problem :D

fastmower wrote:There was a suggestion that the County crew could have their own category like the campers did - hopefully we'll persuade a few more of the brotherhood to attend next time!
i'd definatly be intrested in this having the countys there was great, over time i'd like to expand the catagorys - there are so many vans out there which deserve recognition 8) see how it goes and we'll know nearer the time how many countys are up for it next year to get 3 in the 1st year was superb 8)

fastmower wrote:At big mower racing events we tend to put up a decent sized tent/marquee where club members can congregate and chat - might be an idea to have a central point like this and it makes it easier for new people to get introduced/involved without having to wander about and hope someone will get talking to them - we usually have a tea urn and brew stuff in there too - though a bottle opener would probably be more appropriate for you lot :lol:
yeah this was exactly the sort of thing i've reaslied - this was the 1st event like this ive organised so it was a big learning curve :lol: but what i'd like to do is plan the layout better next year so we can base it round the marquee - at night we can use it for the disco and in the day as a tea drinking venue - mabe even get a tv screen in and play some transit videos :idea:
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 42426
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: TransitMania 2010 lol

Postby Luke » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:12 am

rover wrote:From the people I spoke to in the show one thing was very clear, unless they were into Transits they didnt know what Mk was what, and walking back and fourth trying to find each Mk was a task even for those of us who do!!! Although a large circle looked really good, I think for the purpose of making voting easier we should have designated lines for the Mk's.

A simple post in the ground with a piece of A4 on it.....Mk1's here.

Mk2's here.

Mk3's here. etc etc etc...

Rover.
yeah another good point - origanally we were going to try get the mk's together but made the desicion at the time it would have been too hard - and i think it would have been :) but next year better preperations we shoul be able to - but it might be better to line them in catagorys ie. all the working vans together all the modifieds etc. as i think that was more difficult than the mk's :?: :D

if we were really clever we could have them in grid formation mk's on the x-axis catagorys on the y-axis
...................... walk ........... run ............. which way round :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 42426
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Next

Return to Transitmania 12



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

croncroncron