*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Connect T220 Camper/Paddle van.

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Connect T220 Camper/Paddle van.

Postby Van Damn » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:16 pm

I have started converting my 04 Long wheel base, high roof Connect. I want to go on short camping trips and also use it as a paddle van as I do a bit of kayaking and sometimes it is better to drive to the river the night before and camp over. I dont want to much flocking/ material in the back as I am climbing in in wet gear. Also to go on short camping trips with my wife.

So far I have insulated the ceiling and carpeted it, insulated the side walls and doors, insulated floor and put down plywood and covered with non slip vinyl. I have made a unit to sleep on with storage underneath and got vinyl covered mattresses for it. I have a lift up table on one wall and a slide out table at the rear. I have bolted a bar to the roof rack which I can attach a tarp to. I fitted wind deflectors so I can leave the windows down a little at night to avoid condensation even in rain.

What I plan to do -
Improve suspension. It feels a little top heavy with boats on.
Fit some good all weather tyres fitted as sometimes I am driving to the river in heavy rain or have to go off the road to find a camp spot. Thinking Hankook Optimo 4S.
Maybe reaer windows but I want to keep the heat in and reduce condensation as it will be used in Winter.
Maybe Leisure battery and heating source.

Has anyone done similar projects? Any suggestions?

Image[/URL][/img]
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]
Van Damn
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:48 pm

Re: Connect T220 Camper/Paddle van.

Postby KING OF ENGLAND » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:32 pm

I like the idea of that slide out table mate
KING OF ENGLAND
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: west mids

Re: Connect T220 Camper/Paddle van.

Postby Van Damn » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:25 am

KING OF ENGLAND wrote:I like the idea of that slide out table mate


Cheers buddy. I found that cooking inside can create a bit of smell and steam so if the weather is ok I can cook on that.
I used these.[url][URL=http://s40.photobucket.com/user/VanDamn11/media/images_zps2cc2b062.jpeg.html]Image[/url][/url]
Van Damn
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:48 pm

Re: Connect T220 Camper/Paddle van.

Postby typolaa » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:19 am

Hi,

is this the LWB version or the SWB T220?

am looking at doing the same thing for a trip around Europe.

Andy
typolaa
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Connect T220 Camper/Paddle van.

Postby Sthomas150 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:16 am

This looks great, just wondering why you chose the connect??
Sthomas150
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:07 pm

Re: Connect T220 Camper/Paddle van.

Postby Kedishen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Very tidy body, and van is nice too :P
Livin' in me van in Portugal.

'93 Mk4 TD 150L Hitop Custom Camper
100ps Epic blue spot
User avatar
Kedishen
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1994
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:36 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: Connect T220 Camper/Paddle van.

Postby sitdownsurfer » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Looking good mate :D
sitdownsurfer
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: North Devon


Return to Camper vans and conversions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.