*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Another electrics question

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Another electrics question

Postby Petest » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:32 pm

I'm planning on installing 12v and 240v to my mk7 rwd transit.

My van has a 2nd battery under the drivers seat. Has anybody used this battery to fit the split charge relay to instead of the one under he bonnet?

I plan on using an in line fuse, split charge relay, a fuse board then off to fridge, pump, etc.

The 240 I'm going to fit a caravan style hook up point, then a fuse/rcb board then off to fridge and sockets.

Sound okay?
Petest
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Farnborough

Re: Another electrics question

Postby ake » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:45 pm

Petest wrote:I'm planning on installing 12v and 240v to my mk7 rwd transit.

My van has a 2nd battery under the drivers seat. Has anybody used this battery to fit the split charge relay to instead of the one under he bonnet?

I plan on using an in line fuse, split charge relay, a fuse board then off to fridge, pump, etc.

The 240 I'm going to fit a caravan style hook up point, then a fuse/rcb board then off to fridge and sockets.

Sound okay?

There is no battery under the bonnet?
The split charge relay connects the leisure battery to the vehicle batteries for charging. You don't mention a leisure battery?
2024 Ford Transit Custom 300S Active 170ps Auto
2021 Ford Transit Custom 300S Active 170ps
2014 Ford Fiesta Sport Van 95ps
If she knew what she wants
ake
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 41846
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm
Location: The fair city o' Perth

Re: Another electrics question

Postby Petest » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Doh. Yep split charge to leisure battery
Petest
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Farnborough


Return to Camper vans and conversions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.