Transitmania 12 @Santa Pod 15th to 17th May 2020

Swivel seat - Double and Drivers with pics

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Swivel seat - Double and Drivers with pics

Postby dni_dave » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi all,
I have only recently joined and already got so much help from this forum that I thought I should post some results of the swivel seats we just put in out 2010 Jumbo.

We bought the Ribe set from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1 and it was well worth it. One of the passenger bolts was a complete (insert profanity) that needed the big impact drill from Milwaukee (my 18v makita didn't touch it, neither did an 18 inch ring spanner as a cheater bar on the socket) to get it out. The fitting took the abuse with no problem.

The sponge flooring under the double needed trimming (stanley knife - no issues) so sit more flush. It does still rub the carpet when turning but nothing major. Locks in place with 2 of the bolts when turned, no issue whatever.

The handbrake was in the way of the driver swivel so the batteries removed and the handrake removed, adjusted (in a vice) and refitted a bit lower. The plastic boot covering the mechanism needed the bottom cutting off (grinder) but looks ace now.

My wife (5 ft 4in) needs to lean quite a way down to put the handbrake on and off but that just adds to the overall comedy effect of her driving. (I hope she never reads this!!).

Ebay provided both seats;
Drivers = FASP Ford Transit 2000 - 2013 Single Seat Swivel UK Drivers c/w fixings £298
Double passenger = Kiravans Transit (to 2013) Double seat swivel (UK Right hand drive model) Ford £117

They have transformed the van. So much better. I would do it in a new van in a heartbeat.

3 hours from start to finish with a mate. Drill, impact driver, grinder, ribe fittings, socket set, torx set (for the smaller stuff but was in the ribe set too) screw drivers, vice on a heavy bence, mallet (for finer adjustments :lol: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dni_dave

Re: Swivel seat - Double and Drivers with pics

Postby docksey007 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:18 pm

Great Post! Just a quick question as I am looking to install on my van. Have you listed the prices the wrong way around? I can't find a double swivel for less than £250

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
docksey007

Postby dni_dave » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:21 pm

docksey007 wrote:Great Post! Just a quick question as I am looking to install on my van. Have you listed the prices the wrong way around? I can't find a double swivel for less than £250

YES!!! Sorry, the prices are the wrong way round. Apologies, was in a bit of a rush when posting.
dni_dave

Postby mattc610 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:05 pm

Hi

How much did the Kiravans passenger swivel raise the seat?

I'm looking at that and the CustomShop Designs one which says it's 45mm higher, but can't find the info.

Thanks
Matt
mattc610

Postby mattc610 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:47 am

Hi

How much does the double swivel raise the seat?

Matt
mattc610

Postby Yamezz » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:11 pm

Do you have photos of the seat in the cab - what does the finished result look like? Cheers.
Yamezz

Postby Outtheway » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:26 pm

I got another drivers base and seat and took out our double bench seat, added the swivels and they look great. As said handbrake needed to be moved down, I managed this with batteries still in place, just needed to add a small piece of steel plate and used the holes that where used for the original placement of handbrake. The reason I changed the bench seat for a single as there is 4 of us and the dog ad we can move through from front to back and also the kids and the dog can see us and it makes our useable space larger.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Outtheway
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Outtheway » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:39 am

Here is my setupImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Outtheway
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Camper vans and conversions