*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fitting Scopema Swivel Seat to 17-seat 460 Mk8

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Fitting Scopema Swivel Seat to 17-seat 460 Mk8

Postby johnporter11 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:06 am

Just fitted swivel to my single passenger seat. Sourced from Kiravans. Straightforward job. Seat came off the base with four bolts. No wires to detach (mine is a basic model, no electrics and no seat height adjustment).
Jack has to come out and another home found for it. The four mounting bolts for the swivel base fitted perfectly. I had to the following work to allow the finished seat to swivel:
Remove the two torx bolts from the front of the seat base (they don't seem to do anything).
Remove about 10mm from the protruding pips beside them (and fettle and paint the amputations).
Remove the top brackets for the rear seat base plastic trim (seems to remain in place without them).
Remove the lower lips on the plastic seat trims (just the bits that fold inwards, so very little and really not noticeable).
The drop-down fabric trim at rear of seat will need to be shortened.
The passenger door has to be opened when swivelling in order to avoid the rear of seat rails scratching door card, which I don't mind doing.
Seat sits about an inch higher than before. And it's a sound and sturdy arrangement, no rattles.
The whole job was easier than I anticipated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnporter11
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Fitting Scopema Swivel Seat to 17-seat 460 Mk8

Postby Rob62 » Thu May 20, 2021 9:26 pm

Are you fitting one to the drivers side too?...get ready for a little bit more of a struggle if you are... worth it though!
Rob62
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby johnporter11 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:35 am

No, I've got a cupboard unit directly behind it. Plus the two leisure batteries, and the DCDC charger and inverter on the wall behind the seat.
But I'm very happy with it, to have a comfortable reclining seat and face the remaining two passenger seats behind.
johnporter11
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Digahole78 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:26 am

Thanks John. Really keen to get one but they are out of stock till October which is frustrating
Digahole78
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Camper vans and conversions