*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2016 Custom - adding seats

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

2016 Custom - adding seats

Postby Dave46049 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:43 pm

ave just bought one of these, and need some advice.

It has a 3 seat bench in the front, I want to add two seats behind so have got two options really.

1. Leave the bench and add two seats
2. Move the bench back and put two "captains" seats in the front.

Any suggestions which is best - I'd also like to get a company to do this for me - as I would guess there is some drilling involved and I need th van to stay watertight.

I'm in South Wales if anyone can suggest someone who could do the work.

Thanks
Dave46049
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: 2016 Custom - adding seats

Postby Digahole78 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:46 am

Hi Dave. Front bench seat is no good for the back as it doesn't have an intergrated seat belt on the one side. You can find torneo back seats removed from brand new vehicles (removed for wheelchair access) for around £350. Really good seats with seat belts. Fitted a row of 3 in my mk8 transit. I would also recommend fitting a single passenger seat as being able to step from front to back transforms the feel of the van. If you can't find a single passenger seat (£££) you can fit a drivers seat on that side which is also what I did. Fraction of the cost of a passenger seat.
Digahole78
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: 2016 Custom - adding seats

Postby Dave46049 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:41 pm

Digahole78 wrote:Hi Dave. Front bench seat is no good for the back as it doesn't have an intergrated seat belt on the one side. You can find torneo back seats removed from brand new vehicles (removed for wheelchair access) for around £350. Really good seats with seat belts. Fitted a row of 3 in my mk8 transit. I would also recommend fitting a single passenger seat as being able to step from front to back transforms the feel of the van. If you can't find a single passenger seat (£££) you can fit a drivers seat on that side which is also what I did. Fraction of the cost of a passenger seat.

Thanks mate - solid advice and now I've got my seats.
Dave46049
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Camper vans and conversions