*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 Luton Conversion

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Mk7 Luton Conversion

Postby raggamuffin » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:42 pm

Hi all,

Looking at Transit based Luton's. Going to be going with the 2.4 TDI Mk7 Transit.

Asides from the usual - service history, MOT and accident checks on the vehicle. What else should I be looking out for?

I went to view one today but it was a dud. Lost power during the test drive and the MOT defect noted to monitor a windscreen "chip" but when I got there, it was a huge crack covering 1/4 of the windshield. So I got the distinct impression the guy was flipping vans on the cheap and probably getting the MOT's done at somewhere a littly shady.

Any help would be much appreciated, and I'll keep this thread going as I get the van and project started.

Ed
raggamuffin

Re: Mk7 Luton Conversion

Postby bortaf » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:50 am

I'll be following the journey 8) i was going to get a luton before i got my ambulance :D
obv one is rust, check the steps carefully and feel the carpets for moisture, the screen trim clips leak and it'll soak the carpet and rot out the floors/steps, TBH i've very few issues with my Mk7 but it was VV well looked after :)
Current fleet
Mk7 transit ambulance
Mk1 tourneo connect
Mk1 Mondeo 1.8 STD
Mk5 fiesta 1.25
Fusion 1.4TDCi
bortaf
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Camper vans and conversions