*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

buying new custom?

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

buying new custom?

Postby scoobied » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi all - a question for you all. I'm hoping to retire and want a camper to tour uk/europe in. I have zero skills in diy/vehicle modification etc however I'm likely to get reasonable lump sum. I'm attracted to the ford over the vw route due to the extra width in the custom but wondering re resale values as vw appear to keep value better (I'm not saying its right but last time I looked whsmith had at least 4 magazines devoted to vw campers of various ages and no dedicated ford camper mag...) Now looking around at the prominent converters the cost seems to be circa 20k for a rock n roll bed/kitchen/pop top conversion and around £40k + if they supply a new van too. Basically are dealers discounting transit customs to these converters as list prices seem much higher? I did look at fiat etc and they can attract massive discounts but i haven't found the same from ford as yet. Is there a site that anyone can direct me to?
scoobied

Re: buying new custom?

Postby richbee » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:58 pm

richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Camper vans and conversions