*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Custom Crew Cab Camper Conversion?

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Transit Custom Crew Cab Camper Conversion?

Postby Irh102 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:42 am

Hi All,

Been reading many posts with interest but can’t find an answer to my question. Looking to convert a Transit Custom but want it to have rear doors in both sides along with a tailgate. A spec which doesn’t seem to be common for a panel van but very common for a crew cab. Does anyone have any experience converting a crew cab custom and is it any more difficult than a panel van once all the extra seats are removed?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Irh102

Re: Transit Custom Crew Cab Camper Conversion?

Postby dumper » Sat May 25, 2019 2:51 pm

I’d say you would be better off with a crew van as you’d already have the windows fitted one job less to do and get a bit of money back on selling the seats and you might get a night heater fitted as standard I built my van on a mk8 bus the only down side was to many windows but I boarded out the rear ones and just left the front two useable plus point was sliding step single seat at front ac cruise control and rev senses
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Transit Custom Crew Cab Camper Conversion?

Postby A303 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Irh102 wrote:Hi All,

Been reading many posts with interest but can’t find an answer to my question. Looking to convert a Transit Custom but want it to have rear doors in both sides along with a tailgate. A spec which doesn’t seem to be common for a panel van but very common for a crew cab. Does anyone have any experience converting a crew cab custom and is it any more difficult than a panel van once all the extra seats are removed?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The option you want is fairly rare.. and one that I wanted too.
I've bought a new Transit Custom Limited 300 L2H1 170bhp exactly that spec from Bristol St, Gloucester.. cancelled order, so got a good discount buying at the end of March.
Using it as a van, but I'm intending to convert into a camper next year.. looking at twin beds at the front / rear kitchen similar to Harvington conversion done by Coast2Coast Campers. Keep us posted with your conversion.
Best of luck,
Dave
A303

Return to Camper vans and conversions