*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Lithium batteries and the dutch guy

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Lithium batteries and the dutch guy

Postby shonkers » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi di hi campers, iv'e just been over to holland for the dutch guy to fit lithium batteries with 3kw inverter, vsr and ehu, he had some partly used thundersky/winston batteries knocking about and set it all up in a plywood box with holes drilled for vents and led dial for state of charge, he's a great bloke knows what he's doing and did a great job, i'd already fitted a solar panel and controller myself but would have struggled to do what he did with the wiring and set up (series and parallel combined) so all in all i'm very happy i can run a normal compressor under counter fridge a kettle microwave etc, and the beauty of lithium is they can run down to empty no problem. I made a little holiday of it and there was a free camp site close by, i got a cheap ferry £62 each way but the 7hr crossing was bit of a drag but hey ho small price to pay.
Mk6 2.4 tddi minibus 51 plate, remap by martyn.Mk5 2.5 banana k reg somewhere in africa now. Zafira 2.0 dti daily driver. Pug 205d spare car. Pug 205 gti wknd toy. 05 z thou road bike. 99 r6 trackbike.140cc monkey bike.Nissan serena 2.3 mpv in ibiza.
shonkers
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Lithium batteries and the dutch guy

Postby Ashlemon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:18 pm

shonkers wrote:Hi di hi campers, iv'e just been over to holland for the dutch guy to fit lithium batteries with 3kw inverter, vsr and ehu, he had some partly used thundersky/winston batteries knocking about and set it all up in a plywood box with holes drilled for vents and led dial for state of charge, he's a great bloke knows what he's doing and did a great job, i'd already fitted a solar panel and controller myself but would have struggled to do what he did with the wiring and set up (series and parallel combined) so all in all i'm very happy i can run a normal compressor under counter fridge a kettle microwave etc, and the beauty of lithium is they can run down to empty no problem. I made a little holiday of it and there was a free camp site close by, i got a cheap ferry £62 each way but the 7hr crossing was bit of a drag but hey ho small price to pay.
£62 seems a great price. What port did you come out of in UK?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Ashlemon
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby shonkers » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Harwich to hook of holland, it was £120 ish to start with but somehow after playing around with the dates and not sure if an offer came up so i snapped it up, twas a long crossing tho 7 hrs out an 8 hrs back due to a duff engine, i didn't get lost once either not like france or spain, great signage
Mk6 2.4 tddi minibus 51 plate, remap by martyn.Mk5 2.5 banana k reg somewhere in africa now. Zafira 2.0 dti daily driver. Pug 205d spare car. Pug 205 gti wknd toy. 05 z thou road bike. 99 r6 trackbike.140cc monkey bike.Nissan serena 2.3 mpv in ibiza.
shonkers
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby the dutch guy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:34 am

shonkers wrote:Harwich to hook of holland, it was £120 ish to start with but somehow after playing around with the dates and not sure if an offer came up so i snapped it up, twas a long crossing tho 7 hrs out an 8 hrs back due to a duff engine, i didn't get lost once either not like france or spain, great signage

should have hooked up the transit to the boat.
Mk6 SWB TDCI 125
the dutch guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Camper vans and conversions