*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Can I use driver side Galaxy seat as passenger seat

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Can I use driver side Galaxy seat as passenger seat

Postby Transitstory » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:39 am

Hi all,

Newbee here and would first like to thank site and contributors as I have been reading this site since before I bought my van and was only dreaming of converting. Very useful.

I have a question about using Ford Galaxy seats in my Mark 7. As with many people I would like to swap out the double passenger seat for a single Ford Galaxy with swivel. My question is - can I use the driver side from a Galaxy and place that on a single base and drop into my passenger side? I'm not sure if I can move the seatbelt anchor over on the chair, I think the rest will be fine.

Found a driver side seat locally for a good price and wanted to see if I could save some ££££'s :)

Many thanks

Apologies if this is in wrong place.
Transitstory

Re: Can I use driver side Galaxy seat as passenger seat

Postby Scotchgitt » Mon May 04, 2020 6:57 am

I used seats from a mondeo ghia and welded them to rotating bases from a renault espace all fitted to a transit mk7 driver seat base.

I fitted the seat belt to the floor mount bolts for the seat base to ensure they were to a safe load standard.

I then had the full install confirmed by my MOT station /engineer

1 other thing to confirm is that if you use a driver seat on the passenger side does it rotate in the correct direction and does it rotate far enough for your purpose
2009 black Transit Sportsvan
1999 black 4.0 Jag XK8 convertible
Based in Sunny Central Scotland
Scotchgitt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Camper vans and conversions