*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Tourneo seasts, transit crew cabs and bulkheads

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Tourneo seasts, transit crew cabs and bulkheads

Postby nick.auger » Thu May 28, 2020 4:23 pm

Hello everybody,

I have had a look in here to see if this is answered but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Apologies if it is, and I'm being dense.

I am looking to buy a transit custom (ideally a crew cab, but a panel van would also be acceptable). I want the seats in the back though to fold absolutely flat so I can put a fold over bed over them, and I understand the crew cab rear seats don't have this function.

1. If I buy a crew cab, would the mounting points be the same to swap in a set of tourneo seats?

2. If I can't find a decent crew cab and buy a panel van instead, are the holes for mounting the seats obvious?

3. How easy is the crew cab bulkhead to remove?

Don't worry, I won't be doing this work myself, but would like to be armed with all the facts before I go and buy a van!

Thanks in advance,
Nick
nick.auger

Re: Tourneo seasts, transit crew cabs and bulkheads

Postby richbee » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:38 am

Hi there,

I'm currently converting a DCIV crew van into a part time camper, including the folding seats from the Tourneo.

The DCIV bulkhead is easy to remove, quite a few screws and comes apart in 2 pieces - but does leave a few spot welded brackets on the sides.

The DCIV seat doesn't fold at all, it is a solid bench seat.

I've heard that some of the DCIV vans also have mounting holes for the folding seats, but I don't think it's common. It also depends on the year of the van and the year of the folding seats - older folding seats have 1 double seat (the backs fold individually) and 1 single seat, newer ones have 3 individual seats, and some of the newer ones also have seats which can be reversed for conference seating. All 3 variants have different number and position of holes required!

I've just had my 3 single reversible seats fitted this week - 24 holes drilled with reinforcing plates underneath.

There are quite a few threads on this in the Custom board
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Camper vans and conversions