*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Front Seats

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Front Seats

Postby Newt » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:50 pm

Hi, does anyone know whether the front seats are interchangeable on any of the different Marques?

I have a mk7 AWD which I will convert to a MotorHome/camper, and I want to fit a single passenger seat to create a walkthrough (ie a driver's seat from a LHD) - fleabay seems to be crowded with seats for the transit connect, not so much for the mk7 - can I mix and match?
Newt

Re: Front Seats

Postby Airthies » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:26 pm

You can fit anything you like if you've got the ability, time or money!
Loads of folk have fitted seats from all sorts of other makes. Jag, rangerover, BMW, etc etc etc.
Just keep hounding eBay or FB market place, single LH seats do turn up from time to time, just got to be ready when they do

Sent from my A55ho11 using Crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Stav242 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:40 pm

I just removed the double seat and installed a single.

The single is a standard mk7 rh driver's seat, sitting on a swivel, ontop of a metal box like under the driver's seat. Just 4 bolts into the floor. 4 into the swivel base and 4 into the seat fixing. Pretty simple. It swivels, seat moves around anticlockwise 180degress. Creates a great walk through space in-between the seats and usefull extra seat in the living space.

Also need to remember the seat belt fixings need to be changed. The double has one socket mounted between both seats and one on a long stem. You need one mounted on the side of the seat instead.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Stav242
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Newt » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:42 am

Airthies wrote:You can fit anything you like if you've got the ability, time or money!

Time. I have time... (actually not even as much of that as I would like)

I was looking for something that's just a straight swap really, and wondering whether the connect seats have the same hole pattern
Newt

Postby Newt » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:45 am

Stav242 wrote:I just removed the double seat and installed a single.

The single is a standard mk7 rh driver's seat, sitting on a swivel, ontop of a metal box like under the driver's seat. Just 4 bolts into the floor. 4 into the swivel base and 4 into the seat fixing. Pretty simple. It swivels, seat moves around anticlockwise 180degress. Creates a great walk through space in-between the seats and usefull extra seat in the living space.

Also need to remember the seat belt fixings need to be changed. The double has one socket mounted between both seats and one on a long stem. You need one mounted on the side of the seat instead.

Interesting - so you have two RHD driver's seats? Does the armrest move over, or does the passenger have a left hand armrest? And did you just use a standard swivel of a site like eBay?
Newt

Postby Stav242 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:53 am

I removed the armrest. It's a left side only part.

The swivel is a FASP one.

"FASP Swivel Seat Base Turntable - Ford Transit 00 - 14 Passenger Side, Seat Swivels, Campervan Caravan & Motorhome equipment - Grasshopper Leisure" https://www.grasshopperleisure.co.uk/fa ... -143-p.asp

Stav242
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Newt » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:07 am

Stav242 wrote:I removed the armrest. It's a left side only part.

The swivel is a FASP one.

"FASP Swivel Seat Base Turntable - Ford Transit 00 - 14 Passenger Side, Seat Swivels, Campervan Caravan & Motorhome equipment - Grasshopper Leisure" https://www.grasshopperleisure.co.uk/fa ... -143-p.asp

Terrific, thank you.
Newt

Return to Camper vans and conversions