*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sleeping a bit sounder... Internal door latches

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Sleeping a bit sounder... Internal door latches

Postby TransitFlash » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:54 pm

I have lost count of the people who have told me how easy it is to get into a MK7 Transit. Unfortunately my wife had heard it too and was convinced that somebody was going to click their cloned fob.. and get in and murder us in the middle of the night :roll: . And so to allay her fears I have fitted some after market internal door latches that seem to do the job. Very easy to fit. I thought the Motorhome/campervan members may be interested. "MO"
IMG_9681.JPG
IMG_9683.JPG
IMG_9686.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TransitFlash
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Sleeping a bit sounder... Internal door latches

Postby Jay2018 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:03 pm

I really like those mate. They are really good. Not necessarily just for motorhomes. Just another bit of door security for when one is away from the van. Where did you get them from? I've seen those brackets than you can fit to the side door to prevent peel and steal attacks. These are kind of like that... but a bit better. Or you could have some of those brackets and this thing together.

EDIT: Just zoomed in enough on one of them to see the Fiamma branding...
2012 MK7 Transit Trend 125 T350 6 SPD FWD MWB MR (Frozen White) :D
2010 MK7 Transit Jumbo 100 - SOLD :(
Galant VR4 8th Gen Type S(TT), 300ZX(TT) + S14A(T), Supra MK3(T), Golf MK4 1.8(T), GS300 & Civic EG9 VTI (ALL SOLD)
Jay2018
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Stumble » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:17 pm

They look good, but, are they just twist locks ? on view ?
Stumble
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Jay2018 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:47 pm

Yeah afterwards I thought that. Really good for the sliding door. Thief would probably smash the windows thinking looks easy enough.
Galant VR4 8th Gen Type S(TT), 300ZX(TT) + S14A(T), Supra MK3(T), Golf MK4 1.8(T), GS300 & Civic EG9 VTI (ALL SOLD)
Jay2018
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Stumble » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:50 pm

Stumble
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Jay2018 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Tbh come to think of it now, anything you can see from the window is a risk (but only when you're not inside). If you're not inside then a thief may either get deterred by them or smash the window to unlock them. I quite like the Fiamma ones. They look solid. It is very good for motorhomers when they are sleeping in the back it is great security. If someone tries to get in they will know about it.
Jay2018
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby gus-lopez » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:00 pm

If the doors are double locked even a smashed window won't let them in. I use 12mm stainless steel bars through B pillar from the rear in to door frame. . Stoplock,pedal lock.Obd port lock. Internal rear top & bottom shoot bolts rear external & side door milenco slide locks. Exit from my conversion is only through side door. At night side door has security chains on. + there is trackers & multiple cameras.
gus-lopez
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Stumble » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:46 pm

gus-lopez wrote:If the doors are double locked even a smashed window won't let them in. I use 12mm stainless steel bars through B pillar from the rear in to door frame. . Stoplock,pedal lock.Obd port lock. Internal rear top & bottom shoot bolts rear external & side door milenco slide locks. Exit from my conversion is only through side door. At night side door has security chains on. + there is trackers & multiple cameras.

Photos please
Stumble
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby travelling man » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:49 pm

gus-lopez wrote:If the doors are double locked even a smashed window won't let them in. I use 12mm stainless steel bars through B pillar from the rear in to door frame. . Stoplock,pedal lock.Obd port lock. Internal rear top & bottom shoot bolts rear external & side door milenco slide locks. Exit from my conversion is only through side door. At night side door has security chains on. + there is trackers & multiple cameras.

You must be sleeping in some very rough places!
'05 Transit Connect T230 LX TDCi Engine buggered in Spain,replaced with a T200 base 12 plate in white which also buggered it's engine in Spain!
2nd Connect had breakdown insurance and an engine swap, see how long it lasts.....
travelling man
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby richbee » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:24 pm

travelling man wrote:

You must be sleeping in some very rough places!

That's what I was thinking!!!

I assume you've never been camping - where security is a thin piece of fabric and a non-lockable zip

On a serious note, I assume most of this is for general vehicle security to stop it being stolen and not just for when you are camping in it?
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby CustomColin » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:26 pm

Good idea for the later transit custom, you can’t disable the alarm, you have to remember to change the guard mode every time you stop and turn the ignition off so once you lock the doors and go to sleep you can trigger the alarm. These mean you don’t need to lock and set the alarm so a really good find.
CustomColin
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Camper vans and conversions